“Modern, clean and a tasty breakfast!”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Modern, clean and a tasty breakfast!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to attend a wedding fair nearby and we thought it was wonderful! The outside is beautiful and the rooms are great! We had a rather large room with a sofa and a table in aswell. The bed was comfy and it was all clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was modern, the only thing was the shower curtain sticking to you ick!! You get shower miniatures and tea and coffee making facilities. It's definitely worth paying the extra money for the breakfast, we did as we weren't sure of the surrounding area (as we usually don't bother) but it was lovely. It was hot, tasty and a good spread of food. It's table service/self serve.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AmieLouise
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will of course share your review and feedback with the team as we continue to make improvements to our service and standards.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Emily Cox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed one night here on a business trip. The room was in one of the newer wings and was clean, comfortable and modern. The main building is much older - lots of heavy oak panelling and doors, most impressive. The chief jewels in the hotel's crown are the staff - absolutely everyone was beaming with welcoming smiles, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
I have a customer near this hotel, and will be visiting again in the future - I will certainly be back as the whole experience was very easy and pleasant, and it was excellent value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Janey H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team as I am sure that your comments will be motivational to the staff as we continue to make further improvements to our service and standards.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The receptionist helpfully tried to process our booking in quickly as we were drenched and cold after being in a downpour then driving for nearly an hour. But the reception area was cold and quite dull, tucked away behind a wall (probably to keep the draughts out) The room was large, clean and warm when we turned the radiator on. The bed was enormous, and comfortable, with lovely soft pillows. The bathroom was clean with a bath and fixed shower head over it. It was also very quiet, when we looked out in the morning we were at the back of the new block with lovely views across a valley. The tv was on when we entered supposedly to give us a welcome message but it was flickering very badly. Within a few minutes we received a phone call from reception to check if all was well, so we mentioned the tv, just 5 minutes later a technician arrived and reset it, it was probably due to the severe thunderstorm. We thought that was very efficient. We had booked an evening meal but because the receptionist said we would have to wait for a table we decided to eat in the bar, big mistake. Firstly it was very cold with doors open at each end, with wedding guests coming in and out from outside, they were also very noisy but did eventually go off to the function room, but we had to wait a long time for the meal, we tried to change to the dining room but it was full with a coach party so we would never have been able to eat there anyway. The food was good, though the dessert looked like it had been thrown onto the plate, not what you expect in a hotel like this. Luckily we were in the right hand wing of the hotel, the wedding guests were obviously at the other end, other guests said how they were disturbed in the early hours
. The breakfast next morning was lovely with lots of choice, well cooked and kept hot. We did have problems checking out when they tried to charge for the meal which we had prepaid on booking, they had also tried to charge in the bar so be aware if you pay in advance. We would probably stay again, making sure we were well away from any late night party goers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the new wings should be the quietest with nice views if away from wedding parti...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear that on this occasion we did meet most of your expectations.

I can only apologise for the poor service and quality in regards to your evening meal and in the reception area. I will of course ensure that direct action is taken to make further improvements to these areas.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Scunthorpe
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here in October for a couple of nights on a bed breakfast and evening dinner basis, Hotel very grand in the older part of the hotel but modern and bright in the newer areas, Staff friendly and helpful in most areas, rather sullen in the reception, suspect it was because we tried to check out and the two ladies behind the desk had just collected their breakfasts from the dining room. Breakfasts excellent with a good choice of hot or cold dishes, Evening meals limited choice of mains but well cooked and prepared, dining room staff very helpful.

Room Tip: When you get your room allocation and find it, remember the route as we got a bit lost,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michael_richards5
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will of course review the reception and the signage as we continue to make further improvements to our service and standards.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Banbury
Reviewed 31 October 2013

the web/booking picture showing a clean, modern room was how I remember my last stay in the new wing at this hotel a few years ago. Sadly, my family and I were obviously put in the old part of the hotel, which is long overdue a full refurbishment. The bath had no anti-slip mat, but no worries because it's so old that you couldn't slip in the bath if you stood on the soap! The bathroom was grubby to say the least. The extractor fan didn't work in the bathroom, causing masses of steam. There is a sign telling guests not to leave the bathroom door open for fear of setting off the fire alarm, and also not to attempt adjustment of the extractor - the extractor didn't work, and somebody must have left their bathroom door open because the fire alarm went off and we all had to stand in the car park, in late october, in our dressing gowns. The rest of the room was clean enough, but it was so cold - the instructions told us to adjust the thermostatic control on the radiator, but there wasn't one, it had been removed and was stuck at 'freezing'... The beds were old and uncomfortable and sometimes the noisy springs woke us up when we turned over in the night.
We thought we had a good deal at £49/night for the room. There is a big sign outside the hotel advertising this rate to everybody. For £49 I could have stayed at a Travel Lodge, and we'd have been happier, because at least they get the basics right. Clean, warm & comfortable is all we ask.

Room Tip: insist on a room in the new section to the right of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul S
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Please be assured that your feedback will be reviewed with the management team and direct action will be taken to make further improvements. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Once again, I am very sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I hope that you will consider returning in the future when I am confident you will experience our usual standard of care, welcome and hospitality,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is one of those hotels that feels very airy and fresh when you walk through, the building looks very grand with large staircases inside and big rooms, the breakfast was very nice too.

Friendly Staff and easy parking made this a place I would come to again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will ensure your feedback is reviewed with the team and I am sure this will be very motivational for them as we continuously strive to make further improvements to our service and standards.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at the Bankfield on a Thursday night as a lone female. I had chosen the hotel as it was close to the friend I was meeting and it was much cheaper than the local Premier Inn, £45 per night as opposed to over £70 being demanded by the Premier Inn. I read it was 3 star but only needed somewhere to lay my head so wasn't expecting much. I was surprised on my arrival to find a lovely country house style hotel, which had been extended with 2 modern separate wings. The reception in the old part of the house was staffed by a very friendly and charming man who checked me in quickly and efficiently. The room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the car park and gardens and was very nicely furnished and well equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee (even my favourite earl Grey which I normally have to ask for), flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. I had a super king-size bed and the bathroom was lovely. As a lone female who has been robbed whilst on holiday in the past I was pleased to find a chain on the door as well as the usual lock. The following morning (despite the fact that the roof to the breakfast room sprung a major leak whilst I was having breakfast) I had a fantastic breakfast. buffet style of course but very fresh and tea served by a friendly waiter. The staff remained cheerful in spite of the leak and the fire alarms going off. The receptionist who checked me out, (despite having to tolerate a complaint from a lady who had expected a bell and not a claxon to sound the fire alarm so had not known what to do, picture the scene with the sisters and the fire alarm with Basil Fawlty and you'll get my drift), remained cheerful enough to lend me an umbrella so I could get to my car without getting wet. Excellent value for money and I would definitely go back there, and if this is an example of all Mercure hotels I would definitely seek them out on my travels.
Well done.

Room Tip: Room 251 was a great room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that the room amenities, standards and breakfast all met and exceeded your expectations. I would particularly like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the attitude of the staff, I will ensure this is passed onto the team as I am sure this will act as further encouragement as we continue to seek ways to improve our service and standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Emily Cox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!