“Really good meals”

The Brown Cow
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Bingley
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Brown Cow has been serving as a hostelry in Bingley for over 100 years. This family run pub, provides traditional & innovative home cooked food, individually selected wines and award winning cask conditioned ales from local breweries. All of this comes overlooking the riverside with a stunning view of the Bingley Parish Church, where the bells can often be heard. To the other side, lies the famous St Ives estate, where we find a walkers paradise along with a championship golf course, archery & fishing as well as much more. When the weekend arrives so do the local live bands, who can often be seen on Saturday nights along side a variety of fine food and cask ale based theme nights. With our traditional Yorkshire Hospitality & local products, The Brown Cow is the perfect place to Relax, Enjoy & Return.
Todmorden
“Really good meals”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm so surprised at the bad reviews of this restaurant. I've been twice at lunchtime and had really good meals, served without an unduly long wait. The Dragon sausages were delicious, the meal hot and attractively presented.

• Visited April 2014

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great as usual”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been here many times, always welcoming with our young children, great size portions and quality is at it's best, steak and peppercorn sauce is brilliant

• Visited May 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Will not return”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Service was extremely slow despite the restaurant being quiet, had to wait over an hour for just a main course. Had to leave the table to get our own drinks whilst staff chatted. Food was poor and overpriced. Extremely disappointing.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pazzington
“What a shame”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We dined here on a Saturday evening and were bitterly disappointed by the whole experience. The staff were not what you would call friendly or professional.
I ordered their antipasto which consisted of what seemed to be co-op bought cheese & meats. With a price of approximately £9.00 I would have expected it to include bread of some description. I had to ask for bread and this was additionally charged. The other starters were ok.
Then the main I wouldn't have fed to my dog! I ordered the lamb ribs in Moroccan spice if you could call it that! They were far from cooked and had what they described as a "rub" on. I would describe it as an uncooked paste that didn't taste of anything and probably belonged on a building site. It was inedible! The other mains were acceptable but nothing special.
For pub food I would say it's overpriced and badly cooked.
It is a shame as we have eaten here a few times and have been happy but we won't be returning.

Visited May 2014
“What a joke !!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Called into the brown cow today with a groupon voucher, asked if it would be ok to use as it was so quiet and only 6 pm, We were told we could not use it and that we would have to book ????? Thought this a bit strange as there was only 6 people in the place and they weren't expecting any bookings that night. I then asked if we could book for later that evening but I was then told that they require 24 hours notice for bookings!!! What a joke,,,,,the voucher was only for 2 pizzas, I mean how hard could that be to organise.
We could not get out of there quick enough, I got a refund from groupon for the voucher purchased and needless to say we won't be going back !!!!!!

Visited May 2014