“Food and staff”

Dick Hudson's
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Bingley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Dick Hudsons offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a Christmas night out with a group of people on the 14/12/13. The service was excellent to all people whom went. Food was excellent nothing wrong at all, would recommend to anyone that wants to go for the Christmas meal....

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This pub/restaurant sits on the edge of the moors above Bingley with views down to Bingley and up the Aire valley towards Skipton. There is a large seating area outside if the weather is kind, they provide woollen shawls to keep the breeze off should you require.
We called without booking but didn't have to wait long before we were given a table. It was a busy Sunday lunch time and people were coming and going all the time, we were not rushed and the service was well organised,
We chose our meals from the main menu although there is a daily specials board. they have a decent wine list and a good selection of beers and lagers. Open fires give a nice atmosphere on a cold afternoon.
We found all the staff friendly and efficient. Although we were only two, I would recommend booking at busy times,
There is a large car park, but not a nice drive along the narrow lanes in the dark, take the main road up from Bingley, and we will visit again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I visited with two friends for an evening meal and a good chat. On arrival at 7.30 the carpark was full to bursting and just as I was wondering what to do, as the surrounding roads are very dark and narrow, a car pulled out - success. Inside Dick Hudson's was warm and welcoming and very busy. My friends had arrived and were seated at a table. As soon as I sat down a waitress appeared and took my drinks order. She returned promptly and took our food order. A rump steak with onion rings, tomato and chips (£11.25) but an extra £1 if you took the offer of "chunky chips", a beef and merlot pie with chips and peas (£10.25) and again £1 extra for the "chunky chips" and a fish pie with winter greens (£9.99). My fish pie would have been delicious if it had been removed from the oven earlier. As it was I'm afraid the sauce the fish should have been in underneath the mashed potato had completely dried up and most of the fish anchored to the dish. On the other hand the winter greens would have benefited from a little longer in the pan! We rounded off the meal with a "mini pud and coffee" at £4.50. I selected the Churros. Ok but very thin and almost burnt. I was disappointed although my friends said their meals were OK. The service we received was excellent, prompt, efficient and friendly. We were asked if our meals were OK and we nodded. In true British style! Afterwards I wished I had remarked about my main course but didn't want to upset the evening. With 2 glasses of wine and a soft drink and one portion of bread and oil we paid approx £63 for the evening.

robbywild, Manager at Dick Hudson's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I'm pleased you found us warm and cosy and enjoyed our service. So sorry you didn't enjoy your meal, though it's a shame you didn't let your server know as that's why we check back so we can put things right if we get them wrong.hope it doesn't put you off from trying us again and if you do I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole experience.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Meals served here are well presented and very good value for money. On a sunny day you can sit in the garden enjoying a lovely view. Now that you can book in advance, for a busy period I would recommend you do. Last time I was there, it was very cold outside and as you entered the premises you felt the heat from the open log fires - wonderful!
Try it, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

4Adults and one baby for £54 excellent value for a lovely beautifully cooked and presented meal .We all thoroughly enjoyed it.Only complaint not too busy but very slow.Went in at 12.30 and nearly 3.o'clock when finished three courses.So would suggest it not too much time do tell them .