“Lovely Old Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Oakwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely old hotel, with bags of character and charm. Our room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. Small but fabulously pretty garden and plenty of chairs and tables for sitting outside. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and served by a delightful lady. This was a very dog friendly hotel, didn't charge for our dog - proof they are dog friendly. It's set in a lovely quiet location. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area and we would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 June 2014

this lovely hotel was the venue for my son and daughter-in-laws wedding yesterday .The hotel itself is characteristic but with a modern spacious feel to it The dining room looked amazing and was connected to a spacious bar area with plenty of comfortable seating, ideal for having a chat with friends and family, especially at night when the disco was in full swing and a quieter area needed for some. the room we stayed in was spacious and the bed so comfy and although the rooms differed in sizes there were no complaints from the other wedding quests. The garden was lovely perfect for those all important wedding photos with plenty of seating, and lighting at night. The food was good and the staff were attentive and friendly especially Phillip who just made the day run smoothly nothing was too much trouble. I cannot miss commenting on the bar man, Mathew he was funny, attentive and had a good sense of humor, especially when some of the quests thought he resembled Baldric from blackadder. Oakwood hall is a lovely hotel Thankyou for making my son's wedding such an enjoyable day you even booked the sun!

Room Tip: There is no lift at Oakwood hall and there are a lot of stairs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First impressions , old building , character... Ok. Let's give it a chance. On booking the hotel I said we had a disabled son in a wheelchair, and was told we had been given one of the best rooms, however discovered we were up 3 flights of stairs with no lift.and my husband had to carry him up . No problems with the room. My son was tired, so we thought, since room service was offered we would have our evening meal in the room. I went down to the bar area and asked if we could have room service, the same man who met us on arrival, in reception ,was working as bar man, and waiter, and looked at me in disgust and said '. There's only two of us on tonight, can you not come down, I suppose he meant like everyone else. I said my sons asleep. He then said. Can you come back later, I know your game lady you just want to watch ' Britains Got Talent, on the T V on your room??? Having worked in customer service my self for 12 years, I can honestly say, if I had spoken to a customer like that I would have been sacked on the spot. I couldn't sleep because I was so churned up at this mans attitude, and to have paid £120.00 for the room, what more can I say. Well maybe don't go there :-(

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Susanayre
BingleyOakwood, Manager at Oakwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I am very sorry that you and your family did not enjoy your recent stay here at Oakwood Hall. I have checked with the receptioist who took your enquiry and made the reservation and at no time was it stated that your son was a wheelchair user, if we had known we would never have allocated a room on the second floor, up 2 flights of stairs to, someone with mobility problems. When you checked in, your son was still in the car, at this point we could have changed your room to one on the 1st floor had we known how difficult it was for your husband to carry your son. Please accept our appologies for this oversite. The assistant manager states that when you came to the bar to order your food he agreed to serve food from the Table'd'hote menu in your room, he said that you then joked together about Britains Got Talent. The young waiter took up the room service tray and was tipped for doing so. At no time on check out were any of these points raised, when we could have tried to make amends. Please accept our appoligies for any shorcomings in our service to you

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. My husband took me for a romantic weekend to reminisce about a lovely weekend that we had stayed at the hotel before we were engaged. We drew up to....the wrong hotel. Hysterical!! Turned out we had been here before for a lunch party but never stayed. The hotel is very old but modernised in parts inside. It is faithful to the old style but some really nice modern furnishings. The renovation is not complete. We had a dated room quite small and dark but it was spotlessly clean. The service was really personal. Very friendly staff including a real character who seemed to work continuously. There was also a young lad in the bar who did really well with older somewhat patronising guest. A rising star in the hotel trade! I would definitely go again. Nothing was too much trouble. The garden is gorgeous to sit out with a glass of wine. We thought the bar prices were ok but the food menu was dated and expensive. Might have been amazing food. We didn't try it. The breakfast service was a bit slow but chill out, they give you plenty of lovely food. You can walk to Bingley in 15 mins but it is steep hill with going down there the best direction. Taxi back up unless you are Linford Christie. It's about a river. Good Indian in town and also brown cow pub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Oakwood Hall Hotel looked after our family during a funeral. They were courteous and caring and allowed us privacy in the hotel for two days as we had guests from all over the world who needed family time together. It was a very sad occasion but the memories they gave us will stay with us forever.
We booked most of the rooms in the hotel for two nights and they were all exceptional.
Thank you Oakwood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding here with my family we paid over £100 for a family room and they put the children on a mattress on the floor!! on arrival on Thursday afternoon we decided to visit the bar for a drink. The bar was full of dirty glasses from the night before and the bar man first words were "Have you got any drugs if so can I have some" said in front of 2 children very professional I dont think. Later I asked the bar man for the wifi code I was told " if I told you I would have to kill you" not the kind of customer care you expect from a hotel. The bar menu was over priced and the bar prices increased on the day of the wedding £2 for a fruit shoot. The room was ok but floor boards needs attention. My recommendation would be to check out hotels near by and get a taxi to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is situated in a quiet location with excellent private parking. It has just had a refurbishment. The hotel has a relaxed atmosphere, it's like home from home. The bar lounge is comfortable, the log fire inviting in winter and the garden is pleasant to sit out in on warm summer days. The grade 2 listed staircase, windows and fireplace are magnificent.
We eat at the hotel regularly, the food is good quality, freshly made and good value. We have had friends staying at the hotel and have been assured the rooms are clean and extremely comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. You get proper napkins, placed on your knee in the correct way. You feel like you are valued. We love it. It is a great place for having a party as the dance floor is a decent size but the bar/lounge area can be separated so that you can chat to relatives you've not seen for years in comfort without the noise of the disco/band intruding. The food served at the joint birthday barn dance we had there was first class and lots of it. Everyone had a great time and the oldies said it was the best party they'd been to as they could actually hear conversations.

Room Tip: The hotel doesn't have a lift so you must be able to use the stairs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
The Great Victoria Hotel
The Great Victoria Hotel
#15 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Oakwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!