“Gorgeous pizza”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pizza Barn is Northland's go-to destination for good vibes and delicious food. Whether it's incredible pizza, massive salads, or delicious McLeod's Brewery craft beer you're after, the world famous Pizza Barn has something for everyone.
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Not much to choose from in Waipu but doesn't matter as this place is the place to be ! Gorgeous pizza, goodf service and lovely surroundings.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I cant even find something to dislike other than there was just so much food and the plates indicating size on the wall are misleading, its actually bigger! My husband and I were on our 'one night to ourselves' whirlwind tour of catching up with family while in nz and got this place recommended to us. The pizza was great, so many choices it was hard to choose just two, and it ended up we really only needed to order one with the size of the things. They had delicious toppings and we got to take half of each home with us for lunch the next day. The service was great, they remembered what we were drinking and were all really friendly. Makes me miss good old nz customer service! Thanks guys for a wonderful evening :)

Reviewed 12 September 2011

From the hot chocolate to the lamb shanks ; from the artisan beers to the gluten-free pizza, Pizza Barn had something to please everyone in our family. The children loved the chicken nuggets and chips with hot chocolate and we adults had more sophisticated fare. For a small town in Northern New Zealand, we were delightfully surprised. Service is kind, but be prepared to wait for about 30 minutes for the food as it is cooked fresh and to order. I live in Washington, DC where organic food and gluten-free is de riguer, but their gluten-free pizza crust was the best I've ever had anywhere in the world. I wish Pizza Barn was located in my hometown.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place is so unique, and was such a treat to find! The decor was charmingly celtic themed, in keeping with the identity of the area, but done in a really funky way. The beer selection was vast and the guy (probably the owner) clearly knew them all well... but not in a bad way haha. He was so welcoming and cheery and made the experience really enjoyable. I had the fish n chips, not the best fish I've had but I was still pretty contented, and my partner had a pizza, which he said was really good. We will definitely be back, next time in the peak of summer when I imagine the atmosphere would be even more vibrant.

Reviewed 18 May 2008

Have been here just the once, but have driven past other times and the place is crowded. Good food.