All reviews self catering residents lounge lake district drying room walkers bar the pub four poster bar meals red pike packed lunch comfortable hotel lakeland hotel fine dining wi fi stunning location wonderful hotel days walking
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Another delightful stay at The Bridge. A special mention to Ray who very kindly allowed us to alter the date of our booking as we had a close family bereavement the week before we were due to stay. As we had paid in advance, he kept in touch via email until we felt ready for our break, and made it easy for us to re-book when it suited us. Thank you Ray, your kindness was appreciated.

Food was exquisite, and service pleasant and professional as always. A very friendly local hotel, where nothing is too much trouble. We stayed in Room 22 which has a small balcony overlooking the car park and was pristine in its cleanliness and décor. A welcome break from the hustle and bustle of ‘normal’ life.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridge H, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Ilevidoll
Thank you for a very positive review of your recent stay with us. I am just sorry for your loss before you were able to join us and rest assured we will always try to accommodate a move of the nature yours was.

We are extremely proud of the standards our housekeeping team maintain and I am delighted you noted this on your review. They work extremely hard for us and I will ensure they receive a copy of your review.

We will hopefully be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Steven Langley

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights whilst ticking off Wainwrights. Great location, great views along with friendly staff who made the stay very relaxing. Breakfast high quality which set up day perfectly, staff made good packed lunches and on return good food and selection of beers refreshed tired limbs. Rooms clean with enough space for walking gear and luggage to be stored. Definitely recommend and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
Bridge H, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Cheshire-Trekker

Congratulations on your "ticking off" of the Wainwrights. - You must let us know if you manage to complete this mammoth task!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you certainly seem to have absorbed all it is we pride ourselves on.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back - Treat yourself to one of our "Muddy Boots" promotions throughout the winter and enjoy the majesty of the Lakes in all their splendor.

Steven

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Apartment was comfortable, well-furnished and pleasantly situated 15 minutes walk from Buttermere Lake. The kitchen was fully equipped and a TV with satellite box and DVD player provided.
The only significant problem was the apparent use of the TV by staff when we were out. The manager attempted to explain that the problem was due to technical causes, not staff. I showed that his explanation was flawed, but he did not respond.
It was a pity that our otherwise excellent stay was marred by the TV problem, which was unsatisfactorily handled by he manager.

1  Thank Richard J
Bridge H, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

********* Copy of email as sent to guest ******************************
Dear ****,
Firstly may I thank you for taking some time this morning to discuss your concerns in relation to your stay. It is always much more productive to speak with someone face to face and I do appreciate you doing this.
I am delighted to say (as much for my peace of mind as yours) that having investigated fully the situation of the T.V/ Satellite and Scart in your apartment I am confidently in a position to comment as follows:
The DVD player (xentia) that you mention is in a serial loop with the Freesat box and then another serial loop to the TV. This would mean that even if the FreeSat box is defaulted to 101 as it does; the scart system in the Xentia DVD player will override it and set it to the channel LAST USED on the Xentia system. (This was as you say set on 234, not the most pleasant of channels.)
Because of this I am confident that having spoken to my Housekeeping team today that none of them has entered your apartment at all during your stay. It is House policy that unless requested the apartments are Saturday to Saturday and not entered during these times. The access to our Master keys is very closely controlled by a signing in process so I am also confident that no one else has had access to this apartment. As I said to you earlier, I have great faith, trust and confidence in our Housekeeping team and I trust them with our guests’ facilities and property as much as I trust them with the reputation of our business. They have never let me down to date.

I truly hope that this sets your mind at rest and I only regret that you did not approach me with this matter when you first encountered it during your stay, it cannot have been a restful stay thinking the whole time that someone was making use of facilities that were private to you at the time.

I trust this covers all details at present however, should you wish to discuss matters further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel has a great location for walkers in the centre of the small village of Buttermere. Walks onto Whiteless Pike start outside the front door! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast and packed lunches are good, although you can get a cheaper packed lunch round the corner from the farm run café. The quality of the evening meals is excellent, although the choice is limited and would get repetitive if you stayed for more than 4 nights. Our room was really good and we were given a choice before we booked of which room we wanted - you can preview them by looking on the hotel's website.

Room Tip: Look on the website first to pick your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridge H, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Warrenwendy,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I am blessed with very friendly staff and I appreciate your feedback accordingly.
In relation to your concerns of our menu, you will be pleased to learn that we returned to our daily menu writing. The seasonal menu was implemented recently to allow us greater buying power and in turn better value for money for our guests. Listening to our customer feedback is key to maintaining the offering and happiness of our guests and this has led us to understand the seasonal menu was just not working.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Steven Langley

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed in Room 18 from 8-12 July, room was beautifully laid out with great views of the surrounding fells. The food was excellent, ate in restaurant and bar, and the rear garden to the bar was perfect for watching the world go by. All of the staff were very friendly - a super hotel, we are already trying to plot a return trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridge H, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Rovingpup,
Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, it was certainly a pleasure to be able to welcome you, and what weather!!!!!!
Buttermere, I feel is equally stunning in both the winter and summer, some of our braver guests still see fit to open water swim during trips in November!!
We look forward to welcomein gyou back in the near future.
Steven