“Good Small Independent”

Travellers Inn Hanover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Good clean comfortable room. Usually these small town independents are not the best but this one is quite decent. Right across from the racetrack casino. Plaza next door with a grocery. The price of of $70 was quite reasonable as well. I would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Was in town to visit family and they recommended that I stay here. I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms, and appreciated the direct access to the room from parking (I had a bit of luggage with me). I asked the staff to take a message in case my brother called and they were very friendly and happy to help. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank cnairson
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I rented a room at this motel for my best friends wedding. I later gave the staff instructions to put my boyfriend's name on the account so he could check in while I was tied up with the wedding events. While we were at the reception, a man came to the hotel and gave my boyfriends name and without question they let this man into our room where my car keys were in plane veiw, my purse with all my credit cards were and all of our personal belongings. All of the booze from my room was taken. When I comfronted the hotel personelle at the time of check out in the morning, the front desk clerk was very rude and told me that is was in fact "not their problem". We will not be making a return visit and I would encourage people to find other, more secure accomidations.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Meghan S
TIH_Management, Manager at Travellers Inn Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that you were displeased with your experience, we are constantly striving to provide our guests with the best accommodation we can provide. The guest that entered that room was your fiancé's brother who told us he was your fiancé (something he was aware of). This was a family issue, and we cannot correct that ourselves. While you asked that your room be free of charge, we deemed this situation to not to warrant such a request.

TIH Management

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Been at this motel a couple of times now, and both times had a great stay. We stayed in pet-friendly rooms, which isn't every room - only single beds. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms were extremely clean, and staff was super helpful and friendly. The free wifi and large screen TVs were nice. Not much selection on the premises in terms of beverages or food, but there were a few coffee shops and restaurants and Food Basics literally in the same block so we just walked over there. Overall a cheap, nice place, with a fun small-town feel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank C C
Reviewed 27 March 2013

As we were working in the area again, we came back for a second look. And we were glad we did, nice large room, warm and modernized. Great rate (business) and friendly reception. We will come again if we are in the area. Restaurant and food store near-by.

Room Tip: view choices on the web site
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed there for a business trip in town. Very clean motel, everything organized and detailed. All basic needs on hand. Beds were pretty good. Heater worked fine. Very quiet area at night. I didn't book the motel so I cant tell anything about the reception area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AmtheExplorer
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Not bad for a motel. Outdated but clean. Get the suite. 5/10

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank bensagle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
5 mi away
Best Western Plus Walkerton Hotel & Conference Centre
Grey Rose Suites
Grey Rose Suites
#1 of 4 in Hanover
Mom's Bed & Breakfast
Mom's Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 4 in Hanover

Been to Travellers Inn Hanover? Share your experiences!