“Enchanting!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pievescola
Seattle
“Enchanting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I spent a wonderful four nights at La Suvera and it was fantastic. I stayed in Room 53 and it was a cozy and private space. The bathroom was gorgeous and it overlooked a lovely private terrace...it was nice to take a bath while listening to the birds! The pool was awesome...often had it to myself. The chapel was a lovely space to spend some private time and the artifacts in the museum were fun to look at. I also spent two lovely afternoons in the library playing the Steinway which was wonderful. I had music with me but there was also a good selection of classical scores there to play as well. What a treat and a surprise to have a piano to use on vacation...and in such a beautiful setting. I hope I can return to this enchanting place again some day. It's one of the few places I've been that I felt truly happy and peaceful on vacation!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I have been going to La Suvers for about 15 years now and we have to say it is one of the best hotels in which we have ever stayed.
It has history and antiquity,beauty,seclusion in breathtaking surroundings. The staff over the years have changed but the standard of service and care is first class. The quality and standard of cuisine is wonderful - we have never felt the need to eat anywhere else. We have had the same room over the 15 years which has been upgraded and is full of character and also themed.
To the family and staff at La Suvera, thank you again for a wonderful relaxing and carefree holiday!
We hope to return next same time, same place!!
G and P,Dundee

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed 4 nights here for our honeymoon and, have to say, it was just perfect! We were upgraded to a beautiful suite (in the farmhouse buildings), resplendent with Chinoiserie antiques and dramatic red and black decor, a walk-in wardrobe room and a huge marble bathroom. Incredible.
The views are amazing, restaurants delicious. Spent most of the time lounging by the pool, which was bliss and very relaxing, but also managed a walk in the forest, a walk to the local village (where there is also a nice restaurant), and a visit to the hotel's own museum in the main Papal Villa. The Marquis and Princess were often strolling around, plus they have many cats and a dog, so it did feel like we were sharing their home! What a special place.
Location is perfect for doing nothing - but if you do want to visit other places in Tuscany, it is very rural, so you would need to hire a car or ask the concierge to book a taxi (which costs, for example, €40 one-way to San Gimignano and €60 to Siena).

Room Tip: We stayed in the farmhouse building and were very happy with an amazing suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

If we don't get to return to this hotel at some point in our lives, it will be a huge disappointment.

A perfect Tuscan hotel that had us at charm overload. It is a crime that we were only able to stay one night. I am so sorry that I have forgotten the lovely woman who checked us in, provided a small tour of the property and when checking us out, provided us with a far more scenic drive to Rome than we had planned to take. She was great.

Each room is differently decorated but all are so luxurious (we were able to see 4 of the rooms). Very spacious with a seating area, separate bedroom and spacious bath. All the amenities provided and well appointed. Rarely do I find the professional photos of a property to actually not do the reality justice, and in this case, it was more beautiful that I was anticipating.

Well manicured from the grass and flowers and shrubs, to the vines climbing up the walls and trellises - beautiful. The pool area was spotless. The afternoon we were there, my husband and I were the only ones poolside and there was no sound except for the fountain and birds - it was perfect. There is a lovely little restaurant below the pool area, shaded with trees and overlooking the landscape. We had an amazing pasta (shocking) and spectacular Pinot Grigio - we could have sat there all afternoon. Breakfast (and dinner if you choose) is right across the street outside the front gates, just make sure you add time to your short walk to pet a cat or sweet Tita, the resident hound that may be sunning herself in the street. I forgot to ask the number, but there are cats all over the property, here and there. On top of a fountain, in a planter or maybe in a little cat bed under a bench. As animal lovers, we were in heaven. It was just adorable.

Every staff member was friendly, had a smile, professional and helpful with everything.

We did not use the spa so I cannot report on that but I did see that many of the guests were taking advantage of it.

We cannot wait to return..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I'm almost afraid to add another sparkling review for La Suvera, as I'd like to keep it a secret! This was all we had hoped it to be. You can never be sure from reading reviews on the internet, but I'm here to say that it truly is as written here!

Staff - superb, never intrusive but always there when you needed. I also found them extremely friendly and patient when we may not have understood directions.

We loved the added home-feeling that the cats and two dogs provided - as well as sitting and watching the ducks paddle around the pond - quite relaxing.

I will also add that my morning walks into the town of Pievescola were enjoyable, as the local farmers were out working the fields and the town is quite cute in itself.

We also had massages and took advantage of spa. I requested a relaxing massage and it was perfect for me. My daughter felt that her drainage massage could have been deeper, so if that's your "thing", you may want to make this known.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Relais La Suvera has become my favorite hotel in the world!! I travel quite a lot and own a small luxury hotel of the world, and this place has it all.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by all the staff, It seemed like they were waiting for us. They took care of every little detail, so first impression was 5 stars.

The suites are very unique, each designed with authentic artifacts and with different themes. If you can afford to stay at the main building, this is absolutely worth it. The suites are simply spectacular.

The restaurant is also a great complement to the property. A big applause for the chef! The best caprese salad I've ever tasted, his ingredients are so fresh and tasty. We visited another restaurant in the area inside Castello di Casole and it does not compare at all to the authentic and true taste of Relais La Suvera.

Don't miss the Jacuzzi, absolute heaven!

We liked this place so much that we have made travel plans for September just to show others how wonderful this place is.

So, if you are planning to visit Tuscany, I can assure you Relais La Suvera is the perfect selection.

Special thanks to all the wonderfull staff in front desk!

Room Tip: Main Building
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had an amazing time at La Suvera. We even cut short the last week we spent in a villa, to return to the hotel for the last couple of days of our holiday. The staff were very friendly, except for the pool attendant, who to be honest was pretty miserable and had no idea of how to interact with children, who were enjoying the pool. We particularly liked Giorgio, who made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing and the rooms we stayed in were immaculate and sumptuous. Our children loved the cats and dogs, although it made us miss our own pets even more! Having stayed in many hotels of the same ilk, we would recommend this hotel to anyone and we hope to return again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pievescola
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Le Fontanelle
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello di Casole Private Estate & Spa
Grand Hotel Continental
Borgo Santo Pietro
Borgo Santo Pietro
#1 of 3 in Chiusdino

Been to Relais La Suvera? Share your experiences!