Drove in from the St Regis Florence. We wanted to eat lunch there to check out the place as a potential hotel for us. No such luck. They wouldn't seat us. They said it was full. We asked if we could walk around the property, they said yes. When we got to the casual outdoor lunch area by the pool there were several open tables. They could have easily squeezed in two people for a quick lunch. It was also a holiday, so not much was open, so it was especially unkind and snobbish of them to turn us away. It was just a disappointing experience. The manager came out a few minutes later and said we could come back later for a BBQ, but it was clear we weren't local and could easily just drive back several hours later. Weird. In contrast, we ended up driving to Radicondoli about 15 minutes away. The only restaurant in town that was open was finished serving lunch, but they sat us anyway and happily fed us a delicious meal. They were so kind and thoughtful. It's a shame the people at Relais LA Suvera aren't as hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situato tra le dolci colline della Toscana, il Relais La Suvera offre un servizio di primissima qualità e un'esperienza unica in una straordinaria dimora storica a soli 30 minuti da Siena. Le 36 camere sono arredate con mobili d’epoca, garantendo al contempo i più moderni comfort e si trovano in tre diversi edifici, la Villa Papale, le Scuderie e la Fattoria, circondati da bellissimi giardini storici.Per il comfort dei suoi ospiti il Relais La Suvera mette a disposizione la piscina riscaldata con acqua mantenuta a temperatura costante di 25°C e la Spa con vasca idromassaggio ricavata da un'antica cisterna medioevale, bagno turco e zona fitness. Nestled among the rolling hills of Tuscany, Relais La Suvera offers you award winning service and a luxury experience in an extraordinary historical residence, a 30 minutes drive from Siena.The 36 rooms & suites are located in 3 different buildings, the Papal Villa, the Ancient Stables and the Farmhouse and are decorated with antique furnishings, combining history with all the modern comforts. For the comfort of Relais La Suvera’s guests the swimming pool is kept at a constant temperature of 25°C (77°F) and the Spa offers an array of massages and treatments, steam bath, fitness area and a Jacuzzi in the medieval cistern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Relais La Suvera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Suvera Pievescola, Italy - Tuscany
- Relais La Suvera Hotel Pievescola