What can one add to the already published glowing reports? Well I can only endorse the positives. An architecturally beautiful hotel in a wonderful Tuscan location. The room in the Papal Villa was wonderful, spacious and comfortable. It really did feel like staying as a guest in a private house, especially meeting the Princess every morning feeding her family of cats in the grounds. Staff are excellent, from Front of House, Restaurant to Housekeeping, always polite and efficient.
Now the criticism, I concur with previous comment about the “tired gardens”, they are, I can’t quite understand this as there are “available employees” to undertake some maintenance work. In the heat of the Tuscan sun it would have been pleasant to relax in a formal Italian Garden, but not here, rather overgrown and shabby. The excellent pool, with attendant, needs daily sweeping of pine needles from the pool surrounds. Small points but ones worth undertaking to meet five star standards. Complementary bottled water would have also been appreciated. The food in both restaurants is excellent, but the more relaxed pool location has a rather limited menu. I thought the food and beverage prices were excessive but this is of course a personal opinion based on comparing this level of dining experience with other Tuscan restaurants in the area.
To reinforce this point visit Villiam and Paula’s restaurant Alla Pieve in the village of Pievescola just a mile or so down the road, and enjoy a superb nouvelle cuisine meal of Tuscan delights beautifully prepared by Chef Paula and served with all the extras by your host, and wine expert, Villiam.
All in all don’t be put off, this hotel is unique, in a great location, with service you would expect from this grade of hotel, just needs some polish here and there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situato tra le dolci colline della Toscana, il Relais La Suvera offre un servizio di primissima qualità e un'esperienza unica in una straordinaria dimora storica a soli 30 minuti da Siena. Le 36 camere sono arredate con mobili d’epoca, garantendo al contempo i più moderni comfort e si trovano in tre diversi edifici, la Villa Papale, le Scuderie e la Fattoria, circondati da bellissimi giardini storici.Per il comfort dei suoi ospiti il Relais La Suvera mette a disposizione la piscina riscaldata con acqua mantenuta a temperatura costante di 25°C e la Spa con vasca idromassaggio ricavata da un'antica cisterna medioevale, bagno turco e zona fitness. Nestled among the rolling hills of Tuscany, Relais La Suvera offers you award winning service and a luxury experience in an extraordinary historical residence, a 30 minutes drive from Siena.The 36 rooms & suites are located in 3 different buildings, the Papal Villa, the Ancient Stables and the Farmhouse and are decorated with antique furnishings, combining history with all the modern comforts. For the comfort of Relais La Suvera’s guests the swimming pool is kept at a constant temperature of 25°C (77°F) and the Spa offers an array of massages and treatments, steam bath, fitness area and a Jacuzzi in the medieval cistern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Relais La Suvera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Suvera Pievescola, Italy - Tuscany
- Relais La Suvera Hotel Pievescola