“Expensive wine tour” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dievole

Dievole
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Vagliagli
More attraction details
Owner description: This old wine estate located in the Classico zone of Tuscany specializes in the region's popular Chianti Classico.
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Expensive wine tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I visited Dievole a few days ago for a wine tour. We found the tour fairly interesting as we had the chance to be only the two of us with the guide and we could ask all the questions we wanted but it was quite sales oriented and too expensive for what is was (15/eur per person even if you buy them more than 100 euro wine!!!). We were also very disappointed to see that we could find their reserva chianti classico at a cheaper price in any wine shop in the area than at the location itself!!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank AureliaCh

The Woodlands, Texas
“Beautiful surroundings, wonderful food and the warmest hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I believe when I say this no other words will be required to describe our stay.
We travelled as a group of 9 with a week long booking at Villa Dievole. We had not a single complaint from not a single person about anythig the entire week. The country setting with beautiful surroundings and unbelievably wonderful chef prepared wine dinners served each night were only highlighted by the warmth and hospitality of the staff.

Visited November 2013
Staatsburg, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

the winery would have been fun even if there was no wine - tuscan countryside, great lunch, no boss. they took us on a winery tour with four sangiovese grape tastings. all were good; the IGP non-certfied chianti was a nice blend. later in the store, there was a tasting of a dessert wine (muscato) - also, no pressure sales tactics to buy something. nice people, nice afternoon; worth the trip if you are nearby

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful winery - great food - subpar wine/service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband I visited Dievole in August for our honeymoon. We sat outside for lunch and it was AMAZING. Next, we started the tour with 8-10 other folks - one family had a child which was kind of annoying, but whatever. They take you to a few different spots to try the different wine. I personally prefer smaller wineries - Dievole definitely mass produces their wine. It's OK wine, not memorable in any way. The olive oil, however, was fantastic and we bought a bottle to take home. The tour felt very sales pitchy and the guide didn't seem passionate. I would still recommend going here if you want a nice lunch experience - the views are breathtaking - this winery also serves as a small hotel as well.

Visited August 2013
north carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I visited this vineyard/hotel by accident six years ago. We went to see a graveyard nearby and found a wonderful serene hotel with a warm staff and an excellent array of wines. We went on the vineyard tour and it was one of the highlights of our time in Tuscany. Needless to say this time it was high on my places to return to. I was worried the wine tour would not live up to my expectations but absolutely did. I love that they give you meats and cheeses to sample while tasting the wine. It is a family run place that sits off a dirt road and it is beautiful. I highly recommend a visit to the vineyard if you are in the chianti region- it is well worth the long dirt road to get there.

Visited July 2013