We discovered Bagno Vignoni by accident. We were having lunch in Greve in Chianti and I happened to pick up a regional magazine in the cafe. There was an article in Italian with pictures of a beautiful, serene spa setting. I asked the proprieter to interpret the article and asked where this place was... one hour south of Siena on SR2, just past the road to Pienza. Since we were headed to Pienza we thought we would check out the ancient thermal springs and this Wellness Spa. We did... and we didn't leave for three days! Never made it to Pienza. Albergo Le Terme is a lovely, bright, clean, fresh hotel. Our room overlooked a garden. The hotel has a wellness center with thermal springs, hydromassage and numerous services. Albergo Le Terme is in a small medieval village built next to an ancient thermal spring. The village is small and peaceful. A great break from the tourism of the "must see" cities. There are at least three restaurants and all were excellent. I highly recommend Albergo Le Terme and Bagno Vignoni!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Le Terme is located in the palace designed by Rossellino in 1400 which was Pope Pio II Piccolomini’s summer residence. The Hotel overlooks the famous thermal water basin that features a unique square where for 2000 years the hot thermal water has gushed at a temperature of 49° from a depth of 1000 metres. The building has been recently renewed and it offers all the comforts to ensure travellers a memorable Tuscan experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Albergo Le Terme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Le Terme Hotel Bagno Vignoni
- Albergo Le Terme Tuscany, Italy - Bagno Vignoni