“Lovely Local Tuscan Food”

Trattoria Bel Mi' Colle
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
The Hague
“Lovely Local Tuscan Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was a hot day, we visited this lovely place Colle di Val d'Elsa. We had our lovely lunch in this lovely restaurant.
The local Tuscan food was marvelous, a friendly & helpful lady and it was ONE of my best lunch in Tuscany.

• Visited June 2014

Zurich
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I really liked this place. My wife and I had a nice long walk from Poggibonsi (along the old railroad tracks, highly recommended), so when we got to Colle, we were starving. Bel Mi' Colle was a random find, but that's the great thing about serendipity.

We sat in the cellar, which has nicely VAULTED ceilings. The atmosphere is super. On your way downstairs, you walk by the kitchen, which is open and clean, and from which the smells of the nicest sauces emanate. This place is AUTHENTIC. The owner also served us. Service was just fine. Locals frequent this place...not a tourist trap.

We loved the mixed Antipasti dish, which was the highlight of the meal. The main courses were fine, but not as memorable as the starter. The dessert was excellent.

I even got a complementary GRAPPA upon paying, which was a nice gesture.

In short, if you're in Colle, you should really consider going here.

• Visited October 2013
Colle Val d'Elsa, Toscana, Italy
“Antipastone!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am a sucker for a good mixed app plate, so I decided to test this out upon my ordering the waiter informed it is for two people generally. I insisted saying it would be all I would have for my meal. When it came out I was astounded about the portion and the variety. I loved the food the service was great. Only complaint I would have is for 2.50 euro for a glass of wine you should definitely be getting a regular size glass the tables are set with a small wine glass that should not be used for red wine at all. Other than that everything was fabulous.

• Visited July 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great food but service could use some work...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

The best part was the food itself... Best steak we had in all 10 days we stayed in Italy (better than the steak Borgo San Luigi had to offer), the wild boar dish was amazing, the brick chicken was extremely moist (a bit too salty) and my giant ravioli filled with potato, sausage and bacon was fantastic.
My issue with the place was the service. We sat outside and the water took a while (~8 mins), while an Italian couple showed up a few minutes before us and received the royal treatment from the waiter. As soon as this couple sat down, they were brought limoncello, water, wine and an antipasto. I assume the waiter knew this couple because they chatted for about 10 mins while I gave up on trying to get his attention to get my table water, so I asked the girl that was inside. The other issue is that the food came out in waves... The boar came out 10 mins before our contorno...
But besides the service, if you can get passed that issue, it is a great FOOD experience!

• Visited August 2012
dublin
“great food excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Trattorias are every bit as good as the restaurant without the cost. Food is amazing but not as formal as a dinner setting. The service is very quick and friendly.

Visited June 2012