“First Rate Experience!”

Chianti Cooking
Waterloo, Canada
“First Rate Experience!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I enjoyed 5 days of personal cooking lessons in my rental home in San Casciano September and October 2013 under the guidance of Anita White. What a fabulous experience! Each day, we shopped in local markets so that I could learn the Italian words for ingredients then together we prepared a 4 course menu. Of course, we ate as we completed various courses enjoying wine pairings that also introduced me to the local terroir. The classes were such a success that my husband and I arranged for Anita and "Joshi" (her Michelin star chef and husband) to prepare 3 different outstanding dinners for us and a guest. What incredible evenings! I highly recommend Anita and Joshi for cooking lessons or for special meal preparations. We hope to continue our friendship as holidays in Italy are a regular experience for us.

Visited September 2013

new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best cooking class!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have honestly traveled most of the world ,having experienced many types of cultures,people and foods!
But nowhere have I felt so welcomed than with Anita and Guiseppe,at a cooking class my sisters and I took last week at chianticooking in val'd elsa,it was great!
We learned to make ravioli's,a quick tomatoe sauce(gravy),Herb stuffed pork,chopped chicken liver , oh m,I can't remember it all!but it was the highlight of our trip.thank you Chianti cooking ,I will be back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank BustravelerNewYork
Blackpool
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Brilliant Tuscan Cookery Lesson”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I along with 9 members of my family had a cooking lesson with Anita and Giuseppe in July 2013 and was very glad we took part. They cooked at the villa we were staying at and the whole day was a wonderful experience. We all got chance to contribute to the lunch that day and learned some very useful tips for using fresh ingredient's. The experience was very enjoyable and even the kids had a good time.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MissBish77
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were 20 adults and 4 children and took a wonderful villa (Villa Barberina) for a week in June. Anita came every day to make us lunch and dinner (and a wedding lunch) and we cannot recommend her highly enough. Lovely lady who made us an never ending variety of delicious dishes and was happy to chat and share her secrets. Without doubt, Anita was a big part of a most successful stay. It was a pleasure both seeing her prepare the dishes and eating them. If you are in this part of the world, make time for a cookery course with her, or better still, a week or two of her cooking. Only major drawback is that we couldn't take her home with us!

Visited June 2013
Lyon, France
“A very exciting Italian cooking experience to discover”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had a really great time with Anita and Josef's cooking class : we made, with their professional supervision, a full typical Italian meal that we chose to make (entry, pasta, meat with vegetables, desert) during the afternoon and then ate the meal (with Italian wine) with them at dinner (we started at 4pm and finished after dinner at 8pm). Everything was provided ; all ingredients were very fresh, the kitchen is well equipped and very clean, and we enjoyed the professional and kind advices given by these two food lovers. We particularly enjoyed making the ravioli! A great moment in our Italian holidays that we warmly recommend.

Visited August 2013