Husband, 4 year old son and I were supposed to stay 5 nights at this hotel. Upon viewing the room we noticed major problems right away:
Non-working, very small portable style shower (would not drain and no water pressure)
When attempting to turn on the air conditioner, a machine of sorts would turn on, blow out warm air, and also fill the room with an extremely moldy and musty smell that forced us to open the windows (that had no screens on them)
Toilet would not stop running (they did come by and fix this later that day)
When touring the property, the pool had a green tint and had many patches of green mildew. We clearly knew this was not a safe swim zone and would not be able to utilize the swim area.
When I went to the front desk Sunday evening, they put the items on a list for their service man and said it would be taken care of. We went to dinner at the onsite restaurant, returned to the room, and the air conditioner and shower were still not working. The front desk said that the service man said it worked fine and that he was now gone for the night.
So basically we were not to have any working air conditioner with a young child, 35 degree weather, and all the rest of the rooms were booked so there was no option to switch. As we had NO other option, we stayed in the hotel that night and had an extremely uncomfortable sleep, and no showers. Counting on the hotel to switch us to a suitable room the next morning.
The next day, they had one other room for us to inspect for a switch. More problems. Same issue as the other air conditioner, only blew out warm air. A massive colony of large black ants had come in the room at the back door that lead to the patio (the desk staff said that this room had not been cleaned yet, and that they had a special spray that would dose the room with before we would stay in there...great).
We expressed our frustration to the front desk staff at night and in the morning after we were without any options. We were basically told a couple of things "This is not my fault, I will tell my morning colleague.", and then from the morning colleague that "No other guests have complained about their air, so we don't know what to say". I explained that I cannot account for the other guests' rooms, perhaps we had a couple of bad 'lemon' rooms, and the front desk staff shrugged his shoulders at me and began attending to another guest.
Our choice was pretty much made for us and we had to check out of the room and find other suitable accommodations. Still working on getting a refund for the unused nights. Even at the budget rate that this hotel offers, not worth it and there were much more suitable hotels nearby that we found that had 'working' air.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the enchanting atmosphere of the Tuscan countryside, only 19 km from Siena, stands Locanda del Ponte. An old Tuscan country house, where history, art and culture meet up to delight sight and spirit. Completely renewed, thanks to a careful reconstruction, the Hotel offers a special kind of hospitality which joins tradition and innovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Locanda del Ponte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Del Ponte Hotel Monticiano
- La Locanda Del Ponte Monticiano, Italy - Tuscany