“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I did mean to write this a while ago, last September I booked a room for a private luncheon to celebrate my 50th birthday. The whole experience from booking to actual event could not have gone smoother. We also stayed for the weekend. The whole weekend was everything I could have wished for and more. The hotel staff were extremely attentive to me and my guests, the food superb and the stay excellent. Thank you to Craig and Simon on making my birthday weekend so special for me and me guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked a Divine Chocoholics weekend as a surprise for my Daughters 30th birthday. A couple of months after I made the booking it was discovered my daughter had an intolerance to Gluten. I assumed I would have to cancel the surprise. However after ringing the hotel and explaining, they couldn't have been more helpful. The receptionist rang the Chef while I was on the phone. They assured me they would be able to cater for her needs. As it turns out we had a wonderful weekend, everything we had my daughter was given an equivalent GF procuct. The staff were all very helpful and the rooms were excellent. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the sponge pudding room as the hotel is famous for it's puddings
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
High Wycombe
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Beautiful location in a quiet Cotswolds village, staff friendly and helpful. Hotel packed with a Pudding Club event, giving a great atmosphere. Meal first class and good value. Excellent service in restaurant. Our only disappointment, was paying a premium for The Lord Randell's themed room (room 24). The room was extremely cold on arrival and smelt musty. Lord Randell painted on the bathroom door (front and back) was not worth the extra money and a little tacky. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Our main concern was the health and safety of the writing desk. The kettle, cups and biscuit tray was on the top of the writing bureau and TV overlapped which made it difficult to access. The writing shelf sloped and cups filled with boiling water, slide and nearly fell on to my legs. Insufficient space and no other place to prepare hot drinks. The wardrobe was not full length inside. The bathroom cramped with the toilet wedged against the corner bath. The shower was excellent. Overall disappointed with the room for the money. Restaurant I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My family booked the chocoholics experience as a 30th birthday surprise for me, being as I am coeliac I was apprehensive about how much I would be able to partake in the experience. I need not have worried however as the hotel and the staff could not have been more understanding and helpful. I was offered a GF alternative at every opportunity and the Sous chef providing the chocolate demonstration even made me a special GF chocolate pudding so I was not left out. The hotel and the staff have restored my faith that being Gluten Free doesn't mean you can't feel involved. Aside from that the hotel was lovely as was the room and as previously stated I couldn't fault the staff as they were fabulous. Thanks for making my surprise a memory I can cherish.

Room Tip: The Syrup Sponge room is quirky and a definite talking point.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here on the first night of our tour, only one night. It's a nice hotel but the room was very cluttered, too much furniture, you couldn't move around easily. We had a meal here which I think was average, only the puddings were exceptional. The hotel staff were nice but the restaurant manager was arrogant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Holidays209
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed one night as part of a conference. Very pleasant village in v rural quiet area. Traditional stone cottage type hotel well appointed with tasteful style. All rooms cosy and very comfortable including nice bar, relaxing informal lounge. Room had a wonderful ensuite bathroom with large bath and shower, Dab radio, easy to use TV. Relaxing large bed, coffee and tea available. Supper excellent with great pudding (of course!). Relaxed in the bar with good beer and wine. Conference room a bit cosy for 80 but I think we all enjoyed it. Would go again. Ideal for a romantic weekend and walk in the Cotswolds. Free wifi, no gym or swimming pool, but great for a run in the morning with walks across the ridge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The room was clean, spacious, very quiet, and well equipped. The Buffett breakfast was on par with a 5 star hotel! The evening meals were top notch and value for money. And of course the puddings are beyond description! The concierge staff were knowledgable and courteous. I had easy access to a city bus to Stratford. Brilliant holiday!

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#6 of 6 in Broadway
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!