“Navy Reunion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Highlands
“Navy Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Twice, we have held a reunion at this fantastic venue.
One was 20+ personnel and the latter was only 7 of us, however, on both occasions we were looked after really well. We attended the Pudding Club latterly and it was fantastic, however, if you prefer a sit down meal, this too, is superb. The rooms are spacious, clean with all necessary ameneties. The management and staff are second to none.

Room Tip: The Cotswold Room (room 33) is one of the better rooms. But all are nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you Kate and Keith for taking the time to write a lovely review after your recent reunion. I know everyone will appreciate your kind comments, we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back for a third time in 2015.
Many Thanks
Simon Coombe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just spent a 3 night break staying in The Summer Pudding room. We were early to arrive and were offered a drink in the bar while our room was prepared which was lovely. The room was beautiful - not over big but large enough for a short stay. Decorated with hand painted flowers and fruits all over the walls and flamingos on the ceiling. lovely bathroom with corner bath. All the usual tea/coffee facilities but with the added extra of a coffee machine as well as a kettle. Our room had patio doors onto a little seating area also.
We had 2 evening meals which were both beautiful - staff were polite and pleasant at all times and made pleasant conversation as opposed to just serving. We attended the pudding club on the friday evening, the main course was lovely - luckily only a small meal as there were 7 puddings to follow. I consider myself a pudding person but still only managed to have 4 of them! I only had small portions too - my husband managed all 7! A lovely evening and very well presented.
Would highly recommend a stay here and a night at the pudding club. Not cheap but well worth it in my opinion :-)

Room Tip: Pudding themed rooms are a must for the whole experience.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Summer Pudding Room. It is a lovely room with its own little patio, and great corner bath. we have just added Nespresso coffee machines in all of the Superior and Pudding rooms, I am glad you appreciated it. The Pudding Club is indulgent and naughty, but lots of fun. I hope you will visit again soon.
Many Thanks
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location in the Cotswolds. All the main tourist attractions are a short car journey away. There are also some lovely walks locally. The hotel staff are always very welcoming and attentive to your requests. This is a particular favourite of mine as you can stay here with your dog. Pets are also allowed in the Randall's bar.
Staff reserved a super table in the bar for us that was cosy and intimate. Although we visited in May staff ensured the light fire in the lounge was lit in the evenings which created a fabulous atmosphere. We had to swap rooms during our 2 night stay but this was very smooth as staff offered to move our belongings into our other room.
We particularly enjoyed our stay in the Summer Pudding room. This is very quirky with painted murals on the walls, doors and ceiling. Great if you have a dog as it has it's own patio area. The bathroom is fabulous and you are treated to Molton Brown toiletries and fluffy bathrobes in the superior rooms.
The food served at breakfast and dinner is delicious and the puddings are divine. Always ensure you leave enough room for a pudding! Portions are certainly substantial!
We have had a wonderful weekend to celebrate a very special event. We will certainly be back soon! Thank you to everyone at the hotel.

Room Tip: The themed pudding rooms are really lovely and definitely enhance a stay at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your appreciative review, it is great for our team of staff to know that their hard work and enthusiasm dose not go un noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here over the Easter weekend for three nights. It was a good platform from which to explore the Cotswolds - we hiked to Hidcote Gardens (beautiful) from here and from there down to Chipping Campden. We have a diabetic dog and the staff were wonderfully accommodating when it came to storing his insulin in a fridge. We ate in the bar restaurant on Good Friday (also has access to some of the excellent "Pudding Club" puddings) and the food was lovely. Saturday we went to one of the village pubs where the food was also very good. On the Sunday, we ate in the main restaurant and were both very impressed - particularly with pudding. If you're not aware (we weren't), they run a monthly (I think?) pudding club where the main course is very much a starter for what is followed by an almighty range of classic (and wonderfully tasty) British puddings - think sticky toffee pudding, jam roly poly etc. We didn't actually attend one of the sessions, but we did overhear the introductory speech and it sounds amazing. For pudding on the Sunday night I indulged in a combo of lemon pudding and golden syrup pudding, all accompanied with lashings of gorgeous custard. Continuing on the topic of food, a quick word on breakfast, although it was only a buffet-style service, the quality of the ingredients available for you to construct your own full English were top-notch. All of the highest standard and, from what I could tell, locally sourced too. No hesitation in recommending this place to anyone - especially anyone with a dog!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a really comprehensive review. It is great to know that you had a good short break with us and appreciated the quality of food and service provided. We do welcome dogs and provide a great welcome box for them. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a a lovely room and although the majority of our friends were delayed by traffic the evening was entirely enjoyable. We had booked 16 for The Pudding Club. We arrived mid afternoon and relaxed with a sandwich and a glass of wine before resting in our room before dinner. Our room appeared to have been newly renovated with TV, Bose Radio, wonderful bed and lovely carpet.
Main course with Dinner was unspectacular but the reasons for attending were the puddings and our Master of Ceremonies. Yours truly managed all 7, chose the winning Pudding and won the Raffle! All other tables quickly disappeared after formal proceedings ended and we were left to retire to the Bar.
Breakfast was substantial and we were in no way hurried to leave. All in all a wonderful stay and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Themed rooms but book early
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you had a great birthday celebration at the Pudding Club. Thank you for your positive comments, I will pass them on to our team, I know they will appreciate it. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Many Thanks Simon Coombe
Weymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stopped off at the Three ways just by chance and what a treat it was . The staff are really friendly and the main hotel is amazing . My room was very spacious with are really nice bed and the room was really really clean , WOW ! For dinner that night I had the best wine I have tasted in years and the food was amazing ! Really can't recommend this place enough , if your passing just pop in and take a look . Very Happy ....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely comments, I will pass them on to all involved, we have a great team of staff and I know they will appreciate it. I hope that will visit again soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was a really disappointing stay as I've known about this hotel for many years and had it planned as part of a well earned weekend away for me and my partner. Our first impressions were very favourable, we were shown to our room...pleasant enough but a bit small side with a small double bed but with a great view. We booked a table in Randall's Bar which we did as the restaurant looked a lot more formal than our mood and sat down for the Gastro Feast we'd been looking forward to. Now I don't drinl wine but my partner does and loves a glass of Merlot (£5.20) which was short measured by at least 5mm of the 175ml line on the glass. We just brushed that one off...but the next one was too and when I asked the waiter to top the glass up to the line and give a full measure he did...just! Without an apology. That then set my mind looking at the other measures we received...small portion of chips with our meals and just enough salad to make the bowl it came in to look half full. Don't get me wrong, the food is lovely...just stingy. I was really looking forward to the Sticky Toffee Pudding but again, a big dish with a small bowl and a small slice but with the right amount of custard. The following days breakfast again was top quality but an 8" plate was the smallest I've ever seen used in a hotel, which suggested that there was a limit on the food on offer. I had to ask for a bigger plate from the kitchen. All in all it's not the most generous of hotels IMO and maybe the owner should look at the short wine measures as for an eating and fine wine based hotel, this isn't good enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rory C
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Rory, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, it is good to know that you liked your room and the view across the garden. I am sorry that you found it necessary to focus the majority of your comments on the volume of food and drink provided. We usually find that guests comment on our portions being too large, often not leaving enough room to fully enjoy a pudding. If someone does have a larger appetite and asks for more we would never say no, the last thing we would want is for someone to be hungry at the end of a meal. It is good to know that you appreciated the quality of the breakfast, with local butchers sausages and bacon, black pudding, field mushrooms along with the Hayles farm apple juice, locally baked bread and Kitchen Garden handmade preserves. We do like to focus on quality local produce, and again encourage guests to have as much or as little as they wish from the help yourself hot and cold buffet. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your Easter break.
Kind regards Simon Coombe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Charingworth Manor
The Manor House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!