“A Welcome Return”

Three Ways House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for three nights recently having not been to the hotel since 1989. Things have certainly changed since then but the quality of the food remains excellent. There have been some extensions built to accommodate more rooms and the hotel now has a more modern feel to it. We had paid extra for an upgraded room but it was in the new part of the hotel and rather featureless, but it was large. My only reservation concerned the cooked breakfast which was served from a hot station, I think for a four star hotel the breakfast should be cooked to order.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TDH58

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been here several times for Sunday lunch and it never fails to impress. Excellent food and choices, and the puddings (the home of the famous Pudding Club!) are plentiful and you can go up to the pudding buffet as many times as you wish... The staff are very helpful and efficient, although on this visit we were practically pounced on as we arrived which has never happened before and it did put me off slightly as he was pretty pushy, and we did feel rather rushed. It wouldn't put us off going again, because the food can't be bettered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaR1967
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went to Three Ways House Hotel to attend the Pudding Club and we were not disappointed by either the hotel or the Pudding Club experience. The weather was warm and our room was quite warm, but cooled off well enough. My sister had a room that she was not thrilled with and the staff immediately remedied the situation and moved her to a nicer room.

The Pudding Club is just plain fun. One must abandon one's self to the indulgence and silliness of it all. You are seated at long community tables which we thought was just great. The Pudding Parade and Tasting was filling and tasty. One more or less rolls out of the room when the evening is done.

I would recommend this destination spot without hesitation!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the garden. It was a lovely spot. It was quiet despite being ba...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Setagreen
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We got a up grade to one of their themed rooms "Summer Pudding" which was great fun, with the added advantage of a lovely little patio area to sit out on. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good, especially the trio of Pudding Club desserts!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the moment I arrived at the Three Ways House Hotel my stay has been perfect.

I was welcomed by a lovely lady who showed me to my room, can't remember the last time this happened, room 31 it reminded me of a raspberry pavlova, lovely big, airy room and nicely decorated. Very pretty and a nice view out over the village.

I ate in my room as I had to work but the service was faultless and the evening food divine. Breakfast was fabulous, lovely granola and local apple juice a nice touch. The cooked breakfast full of local ingredients and nicely presented.

Very comfortable, lovely staff and I felt very much at home.

Would love to come back here for a holiday, shame I had to work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I'm not often moved to write reviews of places, but Three Ways House Hotel and the pudding club was such a great experience I wanted to share. I booked for my wife Lucy's 40th Birthday, and we stayed on 16th May, booking the Pudding Club package. The basic package was around £230, and we went for the superior room at £270 which included 2 seats at the Pudding club meeting and nice touches like a hard copy book of the pudding club recipe book waiting in the room. The Hotel itself is a beautiful cotswold building in a typical cotswold village, and unlike some country hotels, is superbly maintained and in beautiful interior condition, with all areas superbly clean and well decorated. All staff we encountered were friendly and welcoming, and the service was impeccable from everyone. Our superior room overlooked the garden, and had a Bose music system, a nespresso coffee machine, and furnishings and bedding were all lovely, with Molton Brown bathroom bits. Not a huge room, but not small either, and a perfectly lovely place to stay. The hook for our visit was the famous pudding club. It was picked as something a bit different for my wife's birthday weekend, and perhaps not normally the kind of thing I would do - you sit on large tables with strangers for a start, and I was worried this might not be great, but I needn't have worried - the whole event is fun, upbeat, very British and delightfully daft, with one of the co-owners as the master of ceremonies (chief pudding taster) who introduces the night's gastric entertainment, the puddings that will be served and gives you a bit of history. He is great at what he does, and starts the evening with a great tone. The whole thing is sociable and hugely enjoyable as you sit with your newfound co-pudding eaters and choose from a simple (but tasty) small main meal that is a barely disguised excuse to scoff puddings. There are then 7 courses of pudding served. 7. Like many others, I was very gung-ho and worrying about if they ran out when I had cleared all 7 courses and would be going back for more (they don't ever run out, fear not). I managed 3 courses. Pathetic. Even my wife managed 5! The puddings are good old fashioned British Puddings, sticky toffee, lemon pudding, crumbles, bread and butter, jam roly poly - all dense and warm and rich with lashings of custard. Nothing fancy, but proper old fashioned British Puds. Sensibly they don't load you with huge portions, and you are soon glad of it, although you can literally go back as much as you like as long as you have cleaned your bowl from your last venturing! As a nice touch, the hotel picked up from my booking email that it was my wife's birthday, so they asked her to parade one of the puddings in the opening ceremony as each course is brought out to applause and fanfare.

A few managed 7 courses and could go back for more of their favourite, and we are reliably informed the record is 25 servings, but how is beyond me. We went to bed around midnight feeling extremely full, and absolutely everyone was clearly the same way. The dinner conversation inevitably becomes everyone comparing and discussing their different pudding choices, and indeed the evening ends with the room voting for their favourite of the night.

However unlikely, most of our table also made it down for breakfast, and the evening of the club is so sociable that you all end up chatting over breakfast too - the food at breakfast is equally high quality with the same great service from the staff.

The whole experience isn't necessarily cheap (although not disproportionately expensive) but I can say whole heartedly that by the time you leave you will feel like you really got your money's worth. A great place, with great staff and great food, and no drawbacks - whether a group, couple, travelling around or looking for something different for a birthday or anniversary, this place is a superb option. You won't be disappointed, and you certainly won't be hungry. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Superior rooms overlooking garden have nespresso and bose sound systems
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Back Roads Touring stops here as part of their amazing highlights of Britain tour and like all their other wonderful accommodation choices for character and location. As with other reviews, we agree with some of the comments about our basic but tight room, and we enjoyed the small town for the short time we were here.

Highlight was to experience the pudding club after a good meal on site, and tried a few of the varieties they offered which was tasty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
The Fish Hotel
The Fish Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!