“Pudding Club stay over”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Pudding Club stay over”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As you may already know this is the home of the famous Pudding Club. We stayed as we where attending a Club dinner & didn't fancy a two plus hour drive home after all that food (& some wine to go with it!).
We just booked a basic double bedroom for B&B. Our arrival was met enthusiastically & attentively, all was explained fully etc. The room was not big, but clean, well decorated & well fitted out. All necessary items where provided, such as toiletries, tea making facilities with homemade biscuits etc without exception.
Bar service was good. If you do go for a Pudding Club experience and you prefer your puds, I'd recommend you leave the main course alone altogether!
Breakfast was self service vast choice & of brilliant quality. Service from waiting staff first class.
Overall, really fabulous to see we Brits can offer non corporate, small business based hospitality so well.
Please go, they deserve our support to help stop the spread of the chains.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be fine, didn't hear a murmur of complaint from another guest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed the Pudding Club and the hotel so much. As you gathered we are small privately owned business, and hope to offer great hospitality and food which is so often missing in corporate hotels. I am very proud of our team and thank you for such kind words, it is a great motivator. I hope that you will stay again soon.
Many Thanks
Simon Coombe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The three ways house hotel is an excellent place for a weekend away or as a base to explore the wonderful Cotswolds countryside.
Our family room was ginormous! It was so big we were in danger of losing each other inside it!
It was also very comfortable and offered the basic facilities. The décor was slightly worn and maybe a little-dated but that didn't matter much in comparison to the pluses with the room and in any case we didn't spend that long in the room anyway.

The food does seem to be a mixed bag. The buffet style breakfast was fine on both mornings, but my evening meals were very contrasting. The first one was exquisite, the second one no more than average I'm afraid. This seemed to be the case with a couple of other members in our party too, though on different nights, so the blame couldn't be put on say the chef been on one night and off the other. Why this should be so is rather baffling, as the contrast between the meals was so stark.
Whilst we didn't venture into the famed pudding club, though it was in full-swing on both nights, we did sample some of their fare as desserts and on the evidence of what I tasted I can see why it is so famous as they were fabulous and a lovely way to round off both meals.

On the subject of the pudding club it can get very raucous and whilst it didn't bother us, I could imagine it might do other people, so be prepared for a lot of noise.

On the whole, with it's friendly staff and nice Cotswalds-y ambience, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt N
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service provided by our team of staff. I am sorry that you experienced a variance in the quality of food over the 2 nights you were with us, I must admit I am as confused as you, our kitchen team have been with us for a number of years and we usually have a reputation for our consistency of quality. Please accept my apologies, I hope that it will not deter you from visiting again.
Many Thanks Simon Coombe
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Friendly staff on arrival and a beautiful stone building with character and tasty food.Breakfast features an amazing home made granola with cashew nuts, dinner menu has good choices and the famous Pudding Club sticky toffee pudding is well worth trying. Hotel offered us additional veggie options that were not on the menu, outstandng ! Clean bedrooms with comfy beds, surprisingly family friendly for a traditional Cotswold hotel. Ideally based for Broadway, Chipping Camden and Hidcote Manor Gardens. Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are more spacious with seating areas, bose radios, spa baths and two TV's
1 Thank Paul S
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thanks for the lovely comments, I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the quality and variety of food. I will pass on your kind comments to our team of staff, I know they will appreciate them. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Solihull,
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had been given as a gift a voucher for dinner for 2. We decided that it would be rather nice to spend the night as it is such a pretty part of England. On arrival, after being greeted in reception by a very pleasant lady, we were told that we had been upgraded which was a really nice surprise. On entering our room another surprise - it was lovely and had a bay window that overlooked the garden. The room was roomy and spotless. The bed was comfy and the bathroom a good size with a powerful shower. Lots of nice touches around the room. The hotel is in a lovely location - with Hidcote Gardens just down the road. We had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant, finishing the courses with one of their famous puddings. A quiet village so a good nights sleep. A real good choice for breakfast the next day. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and appreciated the upgraded room, we will always try to do this if we have availability, particularly for guests who book directly with the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kind regards
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a lovely Hotel from the minute you stepped inside you knew it was going to be a good experience.

Bedroom spotless and very good size. Breakfast excellent. A very good base to visit the Cotswolds villages. Will definately return very soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philippa A
I appreciate you reviewing your recent stay. I will make sure your positive comments regarding the spotless rooms and great breakfast are passed on to our team, they do a great job and deserve the praise.
I hope that you will visit again soon.
Thanks Simon Coombe
Birmingham
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I chose the Three Ways House as the venue for a very special birthday celebration, and a treat for my partner, myself and my wonderful family. I was looking for an ideal location, a convivial ambience and quality of service and found all three in perfect combination here.

The situation of the hotel - set in the pretty Cotswold village of Mickleton, just a couple of miles from the world-famous Hidcote Manor Gardens and a short drive from the better known villages of Chipping Campden and Broadway - would be very hard to beat. An imposing building of Cotswold stone, surrounded by lovely, well manicured gardens and bedecked with colourful hanging baskets, the hotel could be the subject of an English country idyll.

There is a warm ambience and staff and management are very friendly, welcoming and customer-focussed, and there is none of the stuffiness which can easily detract from the enjoyment of such places. Public areas are beautifully decorated, inviting and comfortable and both the evening dinner and breakfast were very good and accompanied by attentive, yet unintrusive service. Family members who used the bar were also very pleased with both the food and the selection of local beers.

All rooms were very clean and well-appointed and some open directly onto the gardens, which our guests greatly appreciated. After a fantastic meal and a lovely family get-together in the lounge area, we had a great nights sleep on an extremely comfortable bed and woke refreshed and ready for our family walk up to Hidcote Manor.

In summary, the hotel was an essential ingredient in a very special weekend, for which I would like to thank Simon and his team. This was the perfect choice of venue for a very special celebration.We certainly hope this will be the first of many visits.

Room Tip: Some rooms open directly onto the beautiful gardens and guests were particularly pleased with these.
Dear Sue
I am really pleased that your birthday celebration was a great success and you and your family appreciated the quality of food and service. We are lucky to be in such a beautiful village with so many great local walks, and of course the wonderful Hidcote Manor gardens on our doorstep. I look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully before the next big birthday!
Kind regards Simon Coombe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Charingworth Manor
#3 of 6 in Broadway
The Broadway Hotel
The Broadway Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!