“Excellent !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mickleton
Brymbo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mickleton B&B and Inns
Oceanport, New Jersey
“Excellent !”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this inn in April 2010. (Please note the date below is incorrect but the only real choice I had) The innkeepers were terrific. The home was spotless, the breakfast plentiful, the conversations enjoyable. Several of us were given a tour of the area by car which really helped orient us and show us places and things we would never have found on our own.
While I was staying at the inn, I hit a parked car - ever so slightly - and was very upset by the incident - the innkeepers were beyond kind and encouraging.
I would not hestiate to return to the inn or to this part of the country - it was perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Melanie P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and I very much enjoyed my stay. I had a room with an ensuite, which was relatively small compared to other B&Bs I stayed in during my trip. But everything was great - bed was large and comfortable, and the room was very clean. Breakfasts were delicious - fresh eggs, homemade toasts and lots of different homemade jams (my favorites were the black currant and summer fruit). And the breakfast table had a lovely view of all the birds feeding at the bird feeders.
What really made this stay memorable were Gen'e and Barry. They are so knowledgeable about the area and can recommend so many different things to see and to do and the house has pamphlets, books, and maps that you can use to help you explore.
I had taken a walk on the Cotswolds trail from Chipping Campden to Broadway with the intention of getting a bus back to Chipping Campden. Well, the bus never showed up (or if it did, it drove right by and didn't stop). Gen'e was kind enough to come and pick me up. The following day she offered me tea and crumpets in the late afternoon in the lounge, where I got to toast the crumpet in the wood stove - since I'm American, this was a lovely British experience to have. Gen'e also gave me maps of the area, some reading on Chipping Campden and the Rollright Stones, which really enhanced my experience of both.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Our first trip to the Cotswolds was a very wet experience for us. After several days of constant cold rain, we decided to stop our travels early and go directly to our destination at "Brymbo" one day earlier than planned. We arrived late in the evening and our hosts went out of their way to accomodate us in spite of arriving a day early. I must add that since that evening many years ago, we have only stayed at the "brymbo". We have stayed at least six times since.. the most recent being in October 2012 for 12 nights. Gen'e and Barry will bend over backwards to make your stay a wonderful experience. Fine rooms, excellent breakfast and amazing home-made bread and toast. Staying 12 days was not long enough to experience every flavor of their home-made jams. And for those who stay the required length of time, the complementary tour offered by Barry is an amazing experience. He knows every little back road in the Cotswolds. Places you would never find on your own.
All in all, this is a super place to stay and very reasonable as well.
David..Texas, USA

Room Tip: Some ensuite some not...all rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Alfreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Brymbo B & B and I enjoyed my stay very much. I had the room without en -suite but the bathroom wasn't far away and I had no problem. The unique thing ( to me ) about this accommodation is that it is totally given over to the guests. Everyone is welcomed and their needs put first. Every possible request is anticipated - from providing information about nearby pubs, restaurant menus, a comprehensive supply of brochures about local places to visit , refreshments and with free wifi available etc. Gen'e and Barry are so approachable and helpful that they seemed more like friends. Their home is comfortable , warm and clean. The fact that several other guests were also staying meant that there was a wonderful opportunity to talk to other people at breakfast or in the lounge in the evening. Alternatively, if you want to stay in your room , that is ok too. This is a different type of B & B to my usual experience and I would recommend it .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have stayed at many B and B's in Britain and can only really describe this as "average".

On the plus side the hosts were very welcoming with tea and biscuits in the garden (on one of the few sunny days this summer!) and there are very good and substantial breakfasts with lots of lovely home-made jams, etc.. Gene and Barry are also very friendly and a fount of knowledge about the local area; they gave us some good suggestions about where to eat and what to see in the local area - Mickleton and the surrounding villages are really lovely and offer some good walks. It is also quite good value at £55 per night for a double room.

On the minus side, the B and B itself is now getting tired and is really in need of redecoration and refurbishment. Whilst the room was clean and tidy everything else is now rather old-fashioned and it seems odd to leave almost dead pleants covered in dust in the lounge!

Our two meals at the Butchers' Arms in Mickleton and the Fleece Inn in Bretforton can't be faulted and both are recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank andyjansy
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hosts were extremely welcoming and we'll certainly be coming back (again)!. Rooms were spotless and breakfast was superb. The home-laid eggs are a bonus. Would recommend as a base for touring the Cotswolds, visting Hidcote or Kiftsgate or pigging out at the Pudding Club (also recommended!).
We will be coming back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianeandMartin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We felt like an inconvenience and even got chastised for not calling ahead (which we probably should have remembered to do, but nevertheless...). Rooms were clean, although very small. Good rates

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Jenniferjaneandkids
enjoyBandB, Owner at Brymbo Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and giving us the chance to say we are very sorry that 6 months after your stay, your memories are not more positive.

By now you may have forgotten that you and your 2 sisters arranged to arrive between 4pm and 6pm, so we planned an evening visit to family. When you did not arrive, we were naturally concerned you had problems, and tried to contact you several times. You replied at 8.30pm, saying you had gone beyond us into Wales and were 2 hours away, expecting to arrive at 10.30pm, so we remained at home to wait for you. When you reached us around midnight, I am sorry you thought I was chastising you by saying we were worried about you, and that had we known earlier of your plans, we could have gone out for a short time, easily returning before you arrived.

If you remember, next day when your hire car suffered punctures to both front and back nearside tyres, we spent a lot of time trying to help you get the tyres repaired or replaced, so the hire company would not burden you with an extortionate excess charge. And as you had no car, we drove you into, and later collected you from Chipping Campden, and next day took you to the train station, all to save you organising and paying for taxis.

We were very sorry we could not change your booked dates when you asked - it was a Holiday Weekend so we had no vacancies on other nights, but we did not charge you for your rooms which we could not relet, as we felt you had already experienced enough difficulties with the car.

We do make every effort to help our guests whenever possible, with whatever they need, whether it is local information, assistance with any problems or just making them feel welcome and relaxed in a friendly atmosphere, and we are very sorry that your lasting memory does not include these aspects and all the assistance and support we gave, and offered to you during your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mickleton
Noel Arms Hotel
#2 of 6 in Broadway
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
#2 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Brymbo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!