“Excellent Hosts, Comfy Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mickleton
Brymbo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mickleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed: 30/03 - 02/04/2013 (4D3N)
No of ppl: 5 adults (elderly parents, my hub & I, my sis)
Type of rooms: 2 ensuite, 1 single with separate shower room

Hosts:
Incredible service and support from Gen'e right from inquiry to confirmation to stay and to leaving. Booking was made via email, no fuss, just plenty of information explanation, maps ensuring we could find our way easily, and even recommendations of sights enroute our journey there! Honestly, we need not do any further homework on our own!

Gen'e also made very good effort to remember our names (which were not traditional English names, but she did well!), ready to attend to our queries, asking how was our day out, and always wanting to ensure we had everything we need.

Barry brought us around on an introductory tour - fantastic driving skills and knowledge of area, which made it easier to familarise our bearings and where to explore on our own later on. He was happy to explain history and stories of the places - all you have to do was ask!

Rooms
Very spacious, countryside feel of warmth and love, meticulous setup, clean and bright! Beds were just right for us so a good night's sleep was an understatement. Biscuits, coffee & tea add an extra touch of care, and you could even have warm milk in the evening. And stick-on note was around to remind the BST change! How sweet is that!

Breakfast
We did not realise that breakfast was to start altogether with the other guests & self introduction was made. It was a nice gesture, and a good way to make friends and exchange travel tips. We were just not used to or expecting that. Anyway, breakfast itself was good - Gen'e would have taken your order the night before (e.g. what you do not eat), the rest was depending on what they had for the day - so in a way there was a restriction to what you can order. But, they would change a bit here & there over the few mornings so you would have a little variety (e.g. one day Cotswold pancake, the next day potato waffle - my fav!!). And they will try their best to accommodate your request. Everyday there were home made apple juice, OJ, warm bread just out from oven, cereals, yogurt, your choice of C/T. etc. And my goodness, the selection of jams and marmalade on the table - you could well be trying each one of them and stay full till lunch! Btw, these are home made and available to buy home! (Guess what my mum did!?)

Place
Beautiful cross-stitch art were all around (understood they were hand made by Gen'e's mum) - these add to the flavour of home-feel B&B. Serene views of the field - you see the chickens roaming about (fresh eggs for brekkie!), lovely Ben & Morgan (owners' loyal canine family) playing, the cat that was bossed around by the chicken (?!), birds singing on the trees (& perhaps teasing the poor cat), flowers blooming.. You get it, right?

Loads of information of the area and surroundings, recommendations from both hosts and previous guests to guide you to places to visit and dine. A wide range to choose from - you just need to spend a little time to go through them, perhaps over tea at the cosy fireplace. Perfect!

Location is off the beaten track, but directions made it hard to get lost. And for that, you get peace and clear starry night skies (weather permitting, ha!)!

All in all, we had a very comfortable B&B stay hosted by a friendly and warm couple with impeccable service! THANK YOU, Gen'e & Barry!! Hugs to Ben & Morgan! Xx

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2013

My partner & I stayed at Brymbo over the Easter weekend (Fri-Sun) and could not fault this B & B. Set in the beautiful village of Mickelton , Gene made us very welcome from the moment we stepped through the door with a cup of tea & biscuits in from of the fire as we chatted with other guests before going to our room. Although we did not have an en suite bathroom we did have our own separate bathroom solely for our use just across the hall & did not find this a problem. Our bedroom was cosy & tastefully decorated with tea/coffee making facilities & Gene even left us a note about putting our clocks forward! Breakfast was a friendly affair around a large dining table with homemade jams/jellies/fruit juice/bread & a full english (with free range eggs freshly laid by the chickens that roamed around the back garden!). On Easter Sunday morning we all had a Lindt bunny at our place setting! Nothing was too much trouble - Gene & her husband knew the area so well & had maps/leaflets etc for everything and anything! We walked for miles & truly did not want to leave! We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are en-suite rooms available but we did not find having to use a separate bathroom an issue as...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My sister recommended this bed and breakfast in the Cotswolds. This is a wonderful place. Gené is a great host. You can't go wrong staying here. Gené is extremely helpful and can give you good advice for the best villages to visit. You don't need to waste your time driving around and looking. The rooms are nice and the breakfasts are great too. A lovely, comfy atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Spent a very cold weekend in this warm and attractive BnB just outside Mickleton. We originally wanted to stay in Chipping Campden (4 miles away) but struggled to find anywhere which was dog-friendly in the area - we normally feel very bad about going to walk in the country without her. As it turned out, this was a perfect find as we were well advised on where to walk, eat and drink; provided for with hearty breakfasts which included sampling the majority of their sensational home-made jams; and the location was suitable for exploring this part of the Cotswalds.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this inn in April 2010. (Please note the date below is incorrect but the only real choice I had) The innkeepers were terrific. The home was spotless, the breakfast plentiful, the conversations enjoyable. Several of us were given a tour of the area by car which really helped orient us and show us places and things we would never have found on our own.
While I was staying at the inn, I hit a parked car - ever so slightly - and was very upset by the incident - the innkeepers were beyond kind and encouraging.
I would not hestiate to return to the inn or to this part of the country - it was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and I very much enjoyed my stay. I had a room with an ensuite, which was relatively small compared to other B&Bs I stayed in during my trip. But everything was great - bed was large and comfortable, and the room was very clean. Breakfasts were delicious - fresh eggs, homemade toasts and lots of different homemade jams (my favorites were the black currant and summer fruit). And the breakfast table had a lovely view of all the birds feeding at the bird feeders.
What really made this stay memorable were Gen'e and Barry. They are so knowledgeable about the area and can recommend so many different things to see and to do and the house has pamphlets, books, and maps that you can use to help you explore.
I had taken a walk on the Cotswolds trail from Chipping Campden to Broadway with the intention of getting a bus back to Chipping Campden. Well, the bus never showed up (or if it did, it drove right by and didn't stop). Gen'e was kind enough to come and pick me up. The following day she offered me tea and crumpets in the late afternoon in the lounge, where I got to toast the crumpet in the wood stove - since I'm American, this was a lovely British experience to have. Gen'e also gave me maps of the area, some reading on Chipping Campden and the Rollright Stones, which really enhanced my experience of both.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Our first trip to the Cotswolds was a very wet experience for us. After several days of constant cold rain, we decided to stop our travels early and go directly to our destination at "Brymbo" one day earlier than planned. We arrived late in the evening and our hosts went out of their way to accomodate us in spite of arriving a day early. I must add that since that evening many years ago, we have only stayed at the "brymbo". We have stayed at least six times since.. the most recent being in October 2012 for 12 nights. Gen'e and Barry will bend over backwards to make your stay a wonderful experience. Fine rooms, excellent breakfast and amazing home-made bread and toast. Staying 12 days was not long enough to experience every flavor of their home-made jams. And for those who stay the required length of time, the complementary tour offered by Barry is an amazing experience. He knows every little back road in the Cotswolds. Places you would never find on your own.
All in all, this is a super place to stay and very reasonable as well.
David..Texas, USA

Room Tip: Some ensuite some not...all rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Brymbo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!