“Enjoyable and Welcoming B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mickleton
Brymbo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mickleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Genie and Barry supply guests with a wealth of information in their modest, clean, and comfortable B&B just outside of Mickelton in the Cotswolds. I think it is a great choice with a car. Although Genie warned me about the challenges of being without, I was able to manage my three days there with help from several guests. I loved the common breakfast table at which I could really get to know the other guests who during my stay were a terrifically interesting and kindly group. The rooms are clean and comfortable although a little small, but the room rates are very economical especially considering the area. Barry takes guests staying 3 nights on an incomparable tour of the Cotswolds on all the back roads and to sterling villages one couldn't find alone. It was an amazing experience and his knowledge of history added to the value of this feature. Genie made me tea upon arrival, and is a fountain of great information.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 May 2014

A great place to stay in the Cotswolds. Wonderful welcome from Gene, who supplies an excellent Full English breakfast (eggs from their own chickens)and a multitude of HomeMad Jam and Marmalade (most made from the garden). A brilliant tour of the local small villages in the area is supplied when you stay for more than 3 nights. The tour is conducted expertly by Barry who is really knowledgable and informative. The house is in a beautiful peaceful scenic location.
All in all a very pleasant place to stay and provides excellent value for Monet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Gene very kindly accommodated our latish Saturday arrival 9.30pm and an early breakfast on the Sunday morning at 7.15am so that our daughter could run the Shakespeare half marathon at 9am in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Hot drinks on arrival (beyond a normal B&B I'd say) and a wonderful spread of outrageous home made jams with our porridge in the morning. (eg Rhubarb Caramel). The duvets were too warm for the time of year but the jams made up for it in the morning!

Thanks Gene

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I have just returned from our first visit to the Cotswolds. we were so lucky to have stayed at Brymbo with Gene and Barrry on our first visit,
As we were newcomers to the area, having Gene and Barry's wealth of knowledge and guidance we managed to explore the area with ease , We only stayed for two nights but managed to explore a lot of the area thanks to there help, something we wouldn't of managed otherwise. Brymbo is a home from home Gene and Barry can't do enough to make your stay comfortable. The B&B is in a perfect position and has a lovely view from the breakfast room. I love the fact that Gene and Barry are a lovely couple who really appreciate the countryside, using local produce and having there own laying chickens also making jams from there many fruit trees.
I would highly recommend anyone to stay with them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan p p
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The B&B is conveniently located to explore the Cotswold and it is in a lovely and quiet location. The room was very clean (although a bit small), comfortable and quiet. The private bathroom was also clean and handy and Internet is available WiFi. There is a lounge to relax full of leaflets, files and vouchers for local attractions. The hosts are really helpful, knowledgeable and welcoming, they also offer a complimentary tour of the surroundings that we found very nice and interesting. Breakfast is abundant and very good, lot of home-made jams. All in all very good value for money.

A couple of not improvable things: we liked the decor, but some people may find it quite old fashioned. The pots of jam were always 3/4 empty and you had to ask for a refill quite often. Breakfast is served at a big table at a precise time for all the guests (so you have to be there at that time, not before, no later) and the landlady actively encourage/push guests to interact: this may not be everybody cup of tea, maybe because I am not very sociable, but would prefer separate tables and less forced conversation

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our stay with Gene and Barry was like staying with friends. I went there with my husband and my daughter and we stayed there for six nights. It was the first time that we stayed in a B&B and I was a little apprehensive about whether we would like staying in a small house instead of an anonymous hotel. It was also the first time that I booked through the internet and not through a travel agency so I had no idea what I was going to find. As it turned out it was an excellent holiday.
Gene and Barry are lovely people and they made us feel welcome straight away.Our bedrooms were lovely, clean and restful with little extras like the tray with the tea making facilities with biscuits.There were the night lamps and light in the corridor at night which are thoughtful of the hosts.
The information they have about the Cotswold area is fantastic and they also help with directions and invaluable advice.They also have advice about places to eat and we enjoyed meals in nearby pubs which for us was a new experience as we are from another country.
Our free tours with Barry were a mine of information and we saw an area which we would have never seen otherwise. Barry is very knowledgeable and loves passing on his love and knowledge about the place.
Breakfast was an experience in itself. Freshly home made bread, jams, juices,freshly laid eggs and so on. Then meeting the other guests for breakfast was something else. In such a short time we met with friendly people from Canada, Australia and from different parts of England.
We had a lovely time on our stay at Brymbo. The B&B is in an excellent location to visit the Cotswold. I would highly recommend it.
Ursola Borg from Malta

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The place is lovely, never been to a B&B before, and I was impressed with the standards of this place, with tea facilities including biscuits in the rooms. The couple that runs it are very nice, and accommodating. The breakfast is very nice, and if you do not like something they try to give you something else ;) We were there for 6 days, and tried a couple of different bfast variations, had kipper, and English breakfast, both good. It is also very clean and maintained.

The owners also offer an extensive info section about the area, attractions, restaurants etc.

Over all a very nice experience in a very quite relaxed place :)

Stephania & family

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Been to Brymbo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!