“The English Pub you are always hoping to find!”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Mickleton
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My first time in Mickleton and my wife and I were taken to The Kings Arms by my Sister-in -Law and her husband on one crispy evening during Twixtmas! What a superb place, the bar restaurant a visual feast of low beams and interesting wall decorations,jewellry cases, teddy bears, pictures etc, a roaring woodburning fire in the fireplace. After two Pilsner Urquells I was ready to eat, three of us had Cod on Crushed Potato the fourth had a T-bone Steak. I love fish that has a great taste and fights back a bit. i.e. doesn't just dissolve and I hate fighting bones. Spot on it was lovely! The T-bone steak looked super but it was too well guarded to grab a taste! Couldn't manage more than a main course owing to the usual Christmas overindulgence which was a shame. The staff are super and very attentive, Michael, the owner kept us laughing with some observations on life!
Doing a whirlwind tour of the rest of the pub on the way out we got unaccountably delayed in the public bar, how did that happen? Just make sure that it happens to you too, This is an Old England Bar to dream about!
I will be back soon! (It has a big garden,too!)

1  Thank soundhound

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Having had the odd underwhelming English village pub lunch we didn't have huge expectations when we decided to give the Kings Arms in Mickleton a try after a brisk November walk. It has gone straight into my top-10 of 'proper', friendly, straightforward pubs! Plus food was fantastic - sausage sandwich was excellent & my wife's Stilton & mushroom pie got rave reviews, followed by a shared sticky toffee pudding which was equally good. All topped off by really friendly and helpful staff and a perfect log fire! Ticked every box.
Will be definitely making a return trip.

1  Thank Swain2
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had visited The Kings Arms in the past but not recently but went on a midweek day. Nice cosy room with pleasant decor. Good menu with plenty of choice. Priced reasonable. Food came hot and well presented by friendly staff who were very helpful and made sure all was well. We were able to have a long lunch with no sense of being rushed out of the restaurant. Only one of us had a sweet and he said this was excellent. I certainly enjoyed my fish meal. Our friend had a delicious tartlet. We hope to come again. We don;t go regularly here as it is too far just to pop out for a meal but would certainly recommend it very highly

1  Thank janet s
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We ate at the Kings Arms brasserie twice. Good, simple food that was served piping hot and without delay. The service was excellent and the value was good.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were honeymoon-ing in the area and visited the Kings Arms a couple of times during the week. Both the bar and the restaurant are really charming, and all the staff we encountered were so friendly and chatty we felt thoroughly at home there. The gardens at the back were fab - loads of nooks & crannies to sit in in couples or groups, and they just seem to go on forever!

The food we had was really excellent (oh, the chips!) and good value for money. There was a great atmosphere in the restaurant and it was packed every night we visited so clearly very popular with the locals!

Thanks for a lovely dining experience - we highly recommend it if you're in the area!