“Simply the best”

Crossways
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A warm welcome always awaits you from the resident proprietors Clive James and David Stott or one of their team of loyal helpers. Now in their 22 year at Crossways they continue to welcome old and new friends to their small Georgian country house Restaurant with Rooms. Crossways nestles under the Southdown's close to the Longman of Wilmington and Glyndebourne Opera House
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Having been going to crossways restaurant, it is just the best. The hotel is a Georgian building in its only beautiful grounds. The restaurant is spacious and your table is yours for the evening. All food is locally sourced, and cooked fresh by David. The standard is very high, in every aspect, and should not be missed if your in the area.you will not be disappointed

Visited November 2013

“Why didn't we go sooner?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Having driven past the Crossways Hotel thousands of times, and having had recommendations from friends, we finally booked to go there for our 2nd anniversary meal. Why didn't we go there sooner? The hosts are excellent, being friendly and attentive without ever being intrusive. The food is superb, with a wide variety of food there will be something for everyone, although options are limited to 6/7 items per course which is to be expected from a smaller, more personal restaurant. The lack of a bar initially made us wonder if the drinks would be limited, as neither of us drink wine, but the beer choice was more than adequate. The prices are above average but that enables them to provide good quality food, which is still excellent value in my opinion.

• Visited September 2013
Heathfield, United Kingdom
“11/10!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have visited Crossways once or twice a year over the last 15 years, and always say it can't get any better, but it does!, and last evening was no exception. The whole experience is just so smooth and friendly, relaxed, and the food is out of this world. What else can we say.

• Visited September 2013
Seaford, England, United Kingdom
“Well kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went for my son's 21st. Lovely experience, I agree with previous points, the owners couldn't be more helpful. The service is personalised to the point that my partner had enquired, I had gone to see it as I was worried about the fact that there was no bar and when we turned up for the meal, the first thing they said to my son was "you must be the birthday boy!". Although you couldn't say that all the dishes were outstanding, you couldn't fault the food nor the presentation nor the quantity nor the setting nor the service. The puddings are yummy! What a treat to be served drinks in the amazing garden on a summer evening. The overall experience is tremendous due to the fact that they both care deeply for the customer. I have recommended it to all my colleagues and friends. I am just annoyed that I only live 10 miles from it and had never heard of this great place.

• Visited July 2013
ContentedSussex, Owner at Crossways, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Crossways. Hopefully we will see you again soon, although we cannot guarantee the wonderful weather for you to enjoy the garden.
Eastbourne
“My birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

The food quality,attention to detail,service and information about the dishes is excellent.The owners are very welcoming and friendly with a personal service.We went for my birthday in April and it was one of the best meals i have ever had.

• Visited April 2013