Ana and I decided to check out the coastal areas around Salinas and Jobos. We ran into Manatee Eco Resort and Restaurant. The owner (Andrew) was nice enough to show us a room for a possible future stay. Just a very nice man, he even got some bread and fed his pet fish in the mangroves for us. On top of that, Andy and his wife are bilingual and that really helps me.
We managed to get our schedules rearranged and ended up staying the night. Very nice place, extremely clean, we felt safe fishing off the dock after dark (no fish, but it was low tide and bad solunar period).
The restaurant is very nice also, but if you want to order the house specialty (I forget the name, but a seafood alfredo), either be very hungry or split it between 2 or 3 people.
Overall; it is a very nice place to relax with good company and at a very reasonable price.
We’ll be going back next week and hopefully the fish are hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Resort offers all the amenities of an upscale hotel, but in a cozy, intimate setting. Each of our rooms are decorated with your comfort in mind. A variety of room sizes and features are available including king and full sized beds, solar hot water, air-conditioning, and cable television. Feast on our fresh seafood,l steaks and traditional Criollo meals, while relaxing on our water edge decks or in our air conditioned dining rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Manatee Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manatee Eco Hotel Salinas
- Manatee Eco Resort Puerto Rico/Salinas