“Some of the best things you run into by accident”
Review of Manatee Eco Resort

Manatee Eco Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Salinas
St. Charles Missouri
“Some of the best things you run into by accident”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Ana and I decided to check out the coastal areas around Salinas and Jobos. We ran into Manatee Eco Resort and Restaurant. The owner (Andrew) was nice enough to show us a room for a possible future stay. Just a very nice man, he even got some bread and fed his pet fish in the mangroves for us. On top of that, Andy and his wife are bilingual and that really helps me.

We managed to get our schedules rearranged and ended up staying the night. Very nice place, extremely clean, we felt safe fishing off the dock after dark (no fish, but it was low tide and bad solunar period).

The restaurant is very nice also, but if you want to order the house specialty (I forget the name, but a seafood alfredo), either be very hungry or split it between 2 or 3 people.

Overall; it is a very nice place to relax with good company and at a very reasonable price.

We’ll be going back next week and hopefully the fish are hungry.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank stevetraveling2pr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Location was great for us however hotel itcself, pool closes at 7 pm, like really, why, most hotel pools are open till 10 pm. During the evening cold showers? No fishing on pier breakfast, coffee toast, bananas and cereal 7- 9 am. 1 minute late it's closed. Lol

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank SpeedyAsta
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed for three days and I must day that I have no major complains. The rooms were clean, I had a nice TV with cable, the air conditioner worked perfectly, and the pool seemed very tempting. However, there are certain things that this hotel could improve to make up for a better stay. For example, the pool welcomes you with a sign that warns you that neither drinks nor food are allowed in the area. Really? If I can't enjoy a cold beer with a can of peanuts while I chill at the pool then this is not the place for me. My wife, my parents and I felt like criminals smuggling Coronas and Doritos into the pool. (I must say that this was by far the funnest part of our stay). I think that Andy (the hotel owner) should rethink this policy and be perhaps a little bit more flexible. As for the restaurant, the food was good and fairly priced, but the place closed too early (around 9:30) even when the sign outside said that closing time was at 11:00. A couple of vending machines with sodas, coffee, and snacks wouldn't hurt either, as well as a game room with a ping pong and/or pool table. Overall, I would give this hotel 3 out of 5 stars because of the abovementioned reasons, but if these things were to be improved, I wouldn't think twice about staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank ademlo
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay. The room we were suppose to be in was not available because the people had stayed an extra night. Senor Andy gave us an even better room for the same price. Dinner was very good. The pelican punch was delicious but too small for the price. The continental breakfast needs big help. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsMW
New York
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We enjoyed our overnight stay at the Manatee. It is a bit off the beaten track but fit in perfectly with our travel plans as we toured the island. The accommadations are very basic , the room was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly, helpful and bilingual. The small but very clean and cozy pool and outdoors sitting were an unexpected delight, very enjoyable. The restaurant was a real surpise it was a huge and the night we ate there featured live entertainment . The food was well served and very good. There did appear to be other restaurants in the area but the streets were very dark and diffcult to navaigate in the day since were were not familiar with the area so we decided not to explore at night.

Room Tip: we had an interior hall room on the first loor which was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eve26
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a great little place with clean rooms and a great bar and restaurant. The rooms were clean and the staff was great. Also has a great pool to cool off in after a day on the water.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank cokerbud
Lajas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 January 2011

My husband and I decide to receive 2011 in the Manatee Eco Resort. It was very nice, quite and very clean. It was perfect to relax. Food in the restaurant is magnificent. The only thing I don't like and recommend to improve is the "continental breakfast". It can be better.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MelissaMedina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salinas
Howard Johnson Hotel Ponce PR
Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Parador Palmas De Lucia
Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Hotel Melia Ponce
Hotel Melia Ponce
#6 of 7 in Ponce

Been to Manatee Eco Resort? Share your experiences!