“Not a "resort", but stay if you're seeking an adventure.”
Review of Manatee Eco Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salinas
Manatee Eco Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed because it is close (by car) to Juana Dias where we were planning to attend the 3 Kings Festival. The property has character, with mangroves at your steps and lovely views of the coast. The staff is helpful and there are good restaurants in the local area!
I would recommend arriving during the day because it is a little hard to find. I could not find a map that accurately locates the hotel: maps on TripAdvisor and Booking.com show a different part of town, and GPS shows that the hotel is in the water... it's all part of the adventure!
The hotel restaurant was only opened part of the week (Thurs-Sun). The ceiling paint in our room was peeling and the A/C did not work (room 20). Other rooms may be different, so check out your room thoroughly before you unpack. Also, plastic coverings over our room window hindered the view of the mangroves and coast. However, you can enjoy the view from the dock, a restaurant patio, or an upstairs hotel patio area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bailar_mts

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Don't let the pictures fool you. This is motel, not a "resort," unless you mean last resort, as in, desperate. One positive: the rooms are clean, but basic. No comfortable chair in room. The restaurant was closed nearly the whole time we were there (3 out of 4 nights during New Years holiday). No vending machines, ice, or nearby stores. No fridge or microwave in room.
"Continental breakfast" (7-9 am) is a couple of bananas, white bread, corn flakes, and high fructose corn syrup passed off as "juice beverage." Eli, the owner's wife, gets irate if the coffee runs out at 8:50 and you ask her to make another pot. "I'll make a half a pot," she says crankily, looking at her watch. She won't even do that until you've swallowed the last dregs in the pot. Then she complains about how much she works and her high blood pressure. No hot water for bathing. The lights in the pool were not properly grounded, sending electric currents through the water. Pool gets padlocked at 7 pm. No beach or swimming on site. Q: "Eli, do you know where there's a nice beach?" A: "No." This place is way down an obscure road where stray dogs wander by day and bark outside your room by night.

Room Tip: Find a different motel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank digger207
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The owners Ellie and Andy--and indeed the entire staff--were tremendously helpful and friendly and kind. On our first day we rented a kayak and rowed out to find a little beach that we had to ourselves, and then enjoyed a perfect meal at the hotel restaurant. On our second day we had to leave early to go to San Juan and I wish we had had more time to spend at the Manatee.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JK1729
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at the Manatee resort, checking in on December 15th. I arrived early and was given a room which though inferior to the one I was supposed to be getting was ready and so I took it. To my dismay however when I checked out, I was informed that there is a standard practice of charging an early check in fee of $40.00 even though I was not informed of that charge at the time I checked in. I felt it was a cheap shot and based on that I would never stay at that property again. If you must stay there make sure you are aware of all charges up front as you may be surprised as I was when I checked out.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor. If you are tall you will find yourself bumping in the ceiling. Also...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank carmeta a
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My Family and I had the opportunity to stay in The Manatee Eco Resort and its was a perfect scenario. The bay view, the surroundings, the food, the rooms and last but not least the attentions... Perfect In fact we had the pleasure to be attended by Eli and Andrew... They made our trip worth while. I do recommend this resort and will have it in my future trips to that area!!!

Room Tip: The room number 7 has the bay view!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Ana and I decided to check out the coastal areas around Salinas and Jobos. We ran into Manatee Eco Resort and Restaurant. The owner (Andrew) was nice enough to show us a room for a possible future stay. Just a very nice man, he even got some bread and fed his pet fish in the mangroves for us. On top of that, Andy and his wife are bilingual and that really helps me.

We managed to get our schedules rearranged and ended up staying the night. Very nice place, extremely clean, we felt safe fishing off the dock after dark (no fish, but it was low tide and bad solunar period).

The restaurant is very nice also, but if you want to order the house specialty (I forget the name, but a seafood alfredo), either be very hungry or split it between 2 or 3 people.

Overall; it is a very nice place to relax with good company and at a very reasonable price.

We’ll be going back next week and hopefully the fish are hungry.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stevetraveling2pr
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Location was great for us however hotel itcself, pool closes at 7 pm, like really, why, most hotel pools are open till 10 pm. During the evening cold showers? No fishing on pier breakfast, coffee toast, bananas and cereal 7- 9 am. 1 minute late it's closed. Lol

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank SpeedyAsta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salinas
Howard Johnson Hotel Ponce PR
#1 of 7 in Rincon
The Fajardo Inn
The Fajardo Inn
#3 of 4 in Fajardo

Been to Manatee Eco Resort? Share your experiences!