“I love the food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

While on vacation I went to Salinas and had the chance to eat on El Roble, wonderful food and great service, I was surprised by the quality of the food, I totally recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Douglas S

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Was in the area on a tuesday and came because of a review of another restaurant; the person recommended this an El Capitan. Ordered Mero al Mojo and the best tostones. Was very good. Expect to pay $20-35 per person. Will come back soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

During my recent trip to PR, I was really craving seafood, specially fresh fish. I didn't want to venture outside the southern coast and I am so glad I didn't. My parents have been coming to El Roble since before they got married and they insisted we went there for dinner. Salinas is known for "mojo isleno" - a sauce made of onions, tomato, oil, vinegar and herbs- El Roble has stayed true to the original recipe for mojo. I ordered mero (white fish) al mojo with a side of tostones (fried plantains) and fish nuggets for the kids. The waitress suggested a side of rice and beans and without me asking she told us she was bringing the kids meals first. That alone is a 10 in my book. In about 20 minutes we had our main courses. The mero was so tender, the mojo could have been eaten alone and the tostones were puffed up, making them perfect to be stuffed. Fish dishes range from $20-$30 and appetizers are less than $10 enough to share between 4 people. My dad ordered a seafood soup for $10 that had as much lobster as you would get when you order a lobster tail in any restaurant. They open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, but our waitress suggested we avoid Sundays if we want fast service. We visited on a Monday and we were in and out in less than 1.5hrs.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Llegando a las 5:30 pm con mi familia tuve una tarde bastante larga. El restaurante no tenia muchos clientes y el personal lucía desorganizado. Ordené para mis hijas pequeñas algo sencillo pero la espera fue de 2 horas para poder comer. Finalmente salí a las 8:15 pm y con una gran decepción.

Arriving at 5:30 pm with my family, I had a fairly long afternoon. The restaurant did not have many clients and staff looked disorganized. I ordered for my young daughters something simple but the wait was 2 hours to eat. I finally left at 8:15 pm and with a great disappointment.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have been a customer of Restaurant El Roble for many years and visited it recently. They specialize in sea food, although they also serve other types of food (American and country). We visit it mostly for sea food and have tried their fresh fish, lobster, shrimp, and some other plates, with very satisfactory results in all occasions. Their side of "tostones" or fried plantains is very special, as they prepare them in a way I have not seen anywhere else. You must try them.

The service is very good, as they have a pretty large staff and they are all very nice, courteous and efficient. Their prices are standard (as for similar food in other places), but you get a better value there for their quality. The portions are also very appropriate. It is not a luxury restaurant but it is clean and comfortable. They have parking facilities. The place might not be too easy to find, as it is located in a pretty complicated neighborhood, but it is where other restaurants are also located and is very well known, so you can ask anybody for directions, or simply head toward the water, as it is across the street from it. I'm sure you'll get a very nice culinary experience, as we have had every time we visit.