“Home cooked food”

The Babes in the Wood
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dewsbury
The Babes in the Wood
Ranked #1 of 1 Dewsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A must place to eat if you want good value for money, home cooked actually is home cooked, try it ! You will certainly go back, forget the chains & try fresh food at its best whit great staff ..".........

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Found this place quite by accident, when looking for somewhere for an overnight stay. Must admit I wasn't expecting to much, but it would be better than a long drive through the bad weather. However the welcome I received when checking in, (even though late at night), summed up my whole stay. Nothing was too much bother. Was the room ok, would I like extra tea / coffee making items. Could they cook me anything (even though the restaurant had officialy closed).. etc etc.

The room itself was more than adequate, clean and spacious with powerful shower and a good tv (with all freeview channels). Nice friendly bar, where I sampled a couple of pints of the local bitter and passed away a couple of hours chatting to the bar staff and locals (as they put the world to rights). Good well stocked bar.

After a good nights sleep, I awoke next morning to the smell of bacon cooking (have said the previous evening that I would have a cooked English breakfast and at the time I specified). The plate of food brought out to me for breakfast was... well lets just say I had to skip lunch.

As I paid the very very reasonable bill, I knew I would be back here again, as it said, arrive as a stranger leave as a friend. Next time I will arrive early to sample the restaurant and based on breakfast and the menu for the evening meals, I will be in for another treat.

Very highly recommended and if your lucky, certain nights of the week they have local entertainment on. A quaint Yorkshire public house for a good nights Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank markwilliams717

Been to The Babes in the Wood? Share your experiences!