We picked Dewsbury with a finger on the map on our way to Harrogate for an overnight stop to see friends and with the help of Trip advisor we thankfully found the Woolpack Country Inn.
We were looking for somewhere where we could relax, enjoy some good food, each other’s company and enjoy a good atmosphere and we found it. With the help from Ian his wife and the team, we were greeted shown to our rooms which are separate from the main building so nice and quiet, they were clean with a modern feel and a comfy bed (what more could you want). We had dinner reservations booked and had a lovely meal which was made with good local fresh produce.. delicious. Ian also accommodated my love of cheese with a perfect cheese board for dessert (not on the menu), and the whole evening had a great atmosphere.
I awoke with a spring in my step and I don't know how but still hungry and looking forward to breakfast, which was lovely... fresh eggs from the chickens as well!!!
A big thanks for making our impromptu stop memorable, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woolpack Country Inn has featured on the West Yorkshire landscape since the 1700’s. Still a traditional village Inn today, offering home cooked, locally sourced food in recently refurbished, cosy, surroundings. Our peaceful, village location is perfect for those wanting to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday living. With 10 en-suite bedrooms, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Woolpack Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolpack Country Hotel Dewsbury
- West Yorkshire Country Inn
- Country Inn West Yorkshire
- Woolpack Country Inn Dewsbury, West Yorkshire