“Excellent valeu for money”

Woolpack Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dewsbury
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed at the Woolpack Inn for 2 nights and found it was excellent value for money. the room was clean and comfortable. The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would definately stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank annwillson
There are newer reviews for Woolpack Country Inn

Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Woolpack whilst visiting the local area house hunting. The room was spacious, very comfortable and clean. The staff are on a very different level all together, friendly, approachable, always happy to help and make you feel so welcome! The good in the bar is outstanding and the Sunday Roast has to be one of the best I have had in many years!!

The one big plus for us was we were allowed to take our dog into the bar with us at night for our evening meal and this small touch made all the difference to our stay.

I would happily recommend the hotel to anymore looking to stay in the area, and will definetly stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Boutique this is not and perhaps the better for it. Welcoming, clean, comfortable, inexpensive and straightforward. Food is good, service discreet and situation quietly out of the way. Yorkshire sculpture park easily reached as is Wakefield and the Hepworth Museum. For a stop-over or short break it is ideal.

1  Thank noredtram
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We booked into the Woolpack Inn from 16th September to 20th September, but we felt so comfortable and relaxed there we arranged to stay a further few days. James, Helen, Rob, Nathan and Stacy. and Jason the chef, were brilliant hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. My wierd eating habits were catered for without a fuss, and my favourite wine was replenished regularly!
The locals, old and young all praised the pub, and the way it had been turned around in the last few months, lovely friendly people, as were all the other guests, who only had a good word to say for the Staff and acommmodation.
My husband and I had the best, most relaxing holiday in many years at the WI.
We would certainly highly recommend to anyone, any age.
Excellent value for money, and couldn't fault a thing.
We wish you Guys all the best in the future at the Pub, and will certainly be back.

3  Thank Deanne B
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed 1 night as part of a 'package' deal to include dinner and breakfast for £99. The room was adequate although I was disappointed that the accomodation is seperate to the pub/dining area which meant we got wet walking between the two! The rooms are also facing a very busy road so expect plenty of traffic noise.The food was good although the service was sluggish even though there was only one other couple dining....we waited nearly 20 minutes to be served with coffee! We were told that the dinner portion of the 'package' provided us with a £40 credit which we assumed (incorrectly!) would include food and drinks, however, to our surprise the owner presented us with an additional bill for drinks even though we had spent significantly less than the £40 on our food! When I challenged this the owner relunctantly agreed to include the drinks as part of the £40 credit. My advice would be to 'pay as you go' rather than pay the dinner cost up front to avoid this situation.
Finally, the guttering above room 105 leaks when it rains causing the rainwater to bounce off the window sill keeping us awake for several hours until the weather abated!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

On arrival I must admit it wasn't the quaint country inn I imagined, but rather a refurbished eatery pub with accommodation. The room was a good size and had all the amenities you need, although like a previous poster has commented it was disappointing that the TV was the size of a postage stamp :0( and the mattress was not very comfortable! However, on the plus side it did have it's own entrance so you can come and go as you please, which is a huge bonus for me. We ate in the pub for our evening meal and the fish and chips I had, were the best I have ever tasted and good value too. I was unable to eat a full breakfast in the morning (I was still wedged from the meal the night before) so asked for poached eggs on toast. I was hugely disappointed that the toast came out spread with margarine! A big NO NO in my opinion! All in all, for a night's stay it was value for money and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AHoneybun121
Reviewed 20 August 2012

stayed 2 nights on Bed & Breakfast rate and received excellent value for money. Clean well appointed room with very helpful staff. Also, the cooked to order breakfast was very good. We also chose to eat our evening meals in the bar and again found the food to be well cooked and excellent value for money. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank d21b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dewsbury
Heath Cottage Hotel
#1 of 1 in Scissett
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
#1 of 1 in Calder Grove

Been to Woolpack Country Inn? Share your experiences!