We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend, we were looking for somewhere reasonably priced to include breakfast in an out of town setting as an alternative to the usual travel chain options, which is exactly what is on offer. The Woolpack Inn sells its self a traditional country Inn which it sort of is, all be it with a more of a modern take on it rather than your oldie world pub experience, so more of a country pub feel about it. The rooms are set to the side of the pub in a more recent building, our room was large, modern with views overlooking the fields across to the moors and overall was quiet with very little noise from the pub or country road. The bathrooms are rather plain but overall the rooms and experience is good. The staff were very helpful and welcoming on arrival and the breakfast was excellent in terms of quality, options and level of service.
For the price it makes a good alternative to the usual lower cost travel options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woolpack Country Inn has featured on the West Yorkshire landscape since the 1700’s. Still a traditional village Inn today, offering home cooked, locally sourced food in recently refurbished, cosy, surroundings. Our peaceful, village location is perfect for those wanting to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday living. With 10 en-suite bedrooms, ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Woolpack Country Hotel Dewsbury
- West Yorkshire Country Inn
- Country Inn West Yorkshire
- Woolpack Country Inn Dewsbury, West Yorkshire