Found this hotel close to Barnsley, room was clean and comfortable, food was excellent. Price very reasonable. Great location for Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
We had a lovely meal at the hotel on Saturday night but there was just one lad, very helpful and friendly working, checking people in, serving at the bar, taking dinner orders, serving food, clearing tables. My did he work his socks off. Not his fault but the wait for the food really was not acceptable. Apparently only one person in the kitchen too.
Lad was there again in the morning for breakfast, which was lovely.
Only other comment would make is TV was so tiny, smaller than our laptop!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woolpack Country Inn has featured on the West Yorkshire landscape since the 1700’s. Still a traditional village Inn today, offering home cooked, locally sourced food in recently refurbished, cosy, surroundings. Our peaceful, village location is perfect for those wanting to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday living. With 10 en-suite bedrooms, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Woolpack Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolpack Country Hotel Dewsbury
- West Yorkshire Country Inn
- Country Inn West Yorkshire
- Woolpack Country Inn Dewsbury, West Yorkshire