“Perfect stay”
Review of Almohalla 51

Almohalla 51
Ranked #1 of 6 Archidona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great little boutique bed & breakfast in non touristy town. Miles & David are perfect hosts, the rooms are fab, and everything is very relaxed. Highly recommended for a few days chilling by pool, or could easily use it as a base for some serious sightseeing, as within easy travelling distance of some Spanish big hitters (we went for the chilling option!). We will return, maybe we will even see some sights next time, if we can force ourselves off the sunbeds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The bed and breakfast is beautiful, with a lovely and peaceful sun terrace and cool bedrooms with v comfy mattresses. But this place is really made special by the warmth of welcome from David and Myles and the attention to detail (real tea with fresh milk!). Archidona is a really lovely town. Well kept, untouched by tourism and with great restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friends and I stayed at Almohalla 51 to attend my friends’ wedding in Archidona. All I say is that Myles and David’s guesthouse is amazing, it has been restored with such love, charm and elegance, I wish it was my home! The rooms are very clean and with modern bathroom facilities, the waterfall showers that you can spend all day under, the bed so comfortable that it requires effort to leave but knowing you have a wonderful breakfast awaiting you in the sunny courtyard gets you out of bed.
There is a den which is tucked away to the side of the property, is a nice area to read (even sleep) on a very comfy sofa and cool down from the Archidona heat! The wonderful pool and garden at the back of the property provides tranquillity and a great space for socialising in the evening as the sun goes down.

Although most of my time was spent at many wedding functions in Archidona, I did get to experience the feel of the town, with its cobbled streets, cute shops including the ice-cream parlour (the nice man gave me an extra scoop) by what I call “palm tree square” and eateries in the main stunning Plaza Ochavada, an area of French urbanism and Moorish brickwork buildings built into an octagonal shape.

I would highly recommend visiting Archidona however the only place to stay is Almohalla 51. Both Myles and David are great hosts, friendly, very helpful and attentive. I will be going back very soon but this time for a quiet getaway break.

Room Tip: Any room will do - they are all excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RamSaba
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed at Almohalla a few times and it has become our perfect home away from home. That is if you had delightful company, exquisitely crafted breakfasts and 6 star comfort at home. Myles and David have created such a haven that it's hard to tear yourself away to wander the few minutes down to Archidona's delights which are enough to keep you gently occupied but not too many that you're wracked with traveller's guilt after a lie in in those heavenly beds.
We've never seen more than 2 guests at the lovely pool area and if even that were too much, the nooks and crannies at Almohalla mean that you could while away a day in solitude if that was your thing. . .
Painstakingly restored with loads of the original features, the houses are solid and traditional but feel fresh and modern with some stylish design quirks.
Finally, breakfasts...incredible and enough to make a non-morning fan almost spring out of bed. Fresh fruit, creamy scrambled eggs, serrano ham & fresh local bread all served in a picture perfect miniature internal courtyard by handsome chaps with a smile. If my average Monday morning started like that, life would be good.
If you go and don't love it, I'll eat my sunhat.

Room Tip: Room one is spacious and airy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssuds
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Almohalla or should I say "Amazing Almohalla!" The attention to detail from a sprig of mint on my fresh melon at breakfast to the inviting floral fragrance I entered the house. First class service. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. The service I received from Myles and David was exceptional. I certainly wasn't ready to leave and will be returning again. I could not recommend this more highly. Helen

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Poorsoftdaughter
Reviewed 5 June 2014

When getting through the door you can't imagine what is expecting you : elegance and authenticity.
We had choosen for a large room at the front of the house: it was perfect with its integrated bath and shower room.
Breakfast is served on the inner terrace and cooked to order.
We enjoyed reading a book at the pool on the upper terrace too.
Our hosts were very friendly and David knows the area very well: his tips were very helpfull and the restaurants he told us about were great: we won't forget the 2 dinners we had at the Bar Central (very good food and warm atmosphere.)
In other words : stay there and you will not be disappointed...

All this beind said, I honestly consider that being ranked #1 on the "top 25 B&B's of Spain" according to Tripadvisor is somewhat ... overdone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BDurrus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Almohalla 51 is a wonderful place to visit Cordoba, Granada and rest in a quite village.
The house is wonderful and David and Myles will give you the best tips to visit Andalusia.
It's a wonderful place, charmful and authentic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archidona
La Bobadilla, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Hotel Escua
#5 of 6 in Archidona
1 mi away
No photo provided

Been to Almohalla 51? Share your experiences!