“One Night Stay”

and 1 more site!
Taray Botanico
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orgiva
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel Botanico is a nice little hotel with beautiful views of the mountains.The staff although not speaking a lot of English were patient and helpful, nothing seemed to much trouble.Very good breakfast and and lunch served outside with views of the maountings.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Taray Botanico

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my second stay at this delightful hotel in Orgiva, the hotel offers tranquility and great views of the surrounding mountains, it's perfect for short or long stay with friendly and accommodating staff and a lovely restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Eladio is a charming host. Ever helpful and eager.
The Taray has an amazing breakfast spread. Clean rooms. Lovely pool. splendid garden. Super meals too,

Its very close to the town of Orgiva if that's where you want to be - i cant imagine why you would want to leave the hotel at all :)

100% reccomended

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace if he has it free. Its lovely to watch the stars at night :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Hotel Botanico is a lovely little hotel with beautiful views of the mountains. Last week we returned from a 16 day road trip around Spain. We stayed in a variety of places on the coast and in the mainland and of the 14 hotels we stayed I can honestly say that this was both mine and my wife's favourite. We found the manager/owner Eladio to be very gratious and all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, our room was spotless and the dinner and breakfast we had in the restaurant were both superb. May I recommended the wine we chose, by Barrancos Oscuro, which was so good that I had to locate one of the only two distributers I could find in Spain (in Seville). There were wonderful views from the terrace outside of our room and the terrace stepped down into a beautiful little orchard full of fruit trees. We also found a small lake and small holding with animals and of course the two lovely swimming pools (one big pool with a shallow bit in the middle really). This place is a lovely top end guest house / small country hotel and we will definitely be back next time we are in that part of spain. This area of Granada is stunning and has wonderful roads and scenery (perfect for touring in a classic car). Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My brother and I (60 years and 70 years) were on a long weekend climbing trip. After a bad hotel experience in Malaga we were delighted with the Taray Botanico. Our apartment was clean with lounge, bedroom (E/S) and roof terrace. The hotel was well laid out in a splendid garden with large pool. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant which we used every night was excellent in cuisine, choice and value for money. The view from the roof terface in an autumn dawn was worth the tarriff all by itself.

Room Tip: No problem. Lay-out gives all rooms equal views of garden and mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I can only warn you to STAY AWAY. The owner was extremely hostile/aggressive to me/my wife & 5 month baby. I had to physically remove him from our room, even then he forced the door open & continued shouting within inches of my wife/baby. I physically moved him again & he said he would call the police. We packed up/left immediately. He went crazy after I asked politely if the fridge could go colder to chill baby's breast milk, and if the air con could go cooler as it appeared to not work. **Please don't risk ruining your holiday and please do not give this man your money**. This is seems to be a regular problem here if you read other reviews, I see 3 times. The 'junior suite' was v.small, dark, hot and had spiders. The pool looked milky/dirty.

Room Tip: Air Con is very poor. Junior Suites are very small/hot. Spiders in room. Pool milky/dirty.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jon L
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We ate at the Taray, which is now noted in the Michellin Guide. The food was excellent, and extremely good value. It would seem that they price meals based on the cost of the ingredients to them (rather than what they can get away with charging), as there is a wide variation in prices (6 Euro's for beautiful swordfish for example), but the quality is the same.

The setting for dinner is tranquil, the service good, and at the overall cost, this is, I would suggest, the best value restaurant in Orgiva, if not the wider region.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orgiva
Alcadima Hotel
Mecina Fondales Hotel
Mecina Fondales Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mecina Fondales
Hotel Balneario de Lanjaron

Been to Taray Botanico? Share your experiences!