Review Highlights
When all you need is the basics.

Just got back from a three night stay in Orgiva. The property although basic had everything we... read more

Reviewed 18 May 2018
04KatieLL
Leeds, United Kingdom
A perfectly located base to cycle the surrounding MTB trails.

We've just got back from 4 nights staying with Biking Andalucia. Dave was a fantastic host and kept... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2017
Ben D

All reviews road biking single track local knowledge bike ride bread eggs sierra nevada beautiful scenery david host mtb paco downhill accommodation base breakfast holiday
Reviewed 30 March 2017

First time road-biking in Spain - went with some friends who had stayed here before - had a fab time and expect to return, Plenty of great places to relax and eat in Orgiva

Some good rides even for a novice like me - albeit punctuated with Coffee and Cake - is there anything better?? - Thanks to David for looking after us and the meet and greet at the Airport -

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank William G
Reviewed 31 January 2017

A great week in Orgiva. David has amazing knowledge of the mountains, biking and the best places to eat and drink. He made us feel very welcome and always there to help. I will be back.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Out cycling, nice place and lots of places to eat etc. Come here a few times each year never disappointed.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Returned for our 2nd week of excellent riding with David. Loads of routes pre-prepared for Mountain and road-bikes and David's great hosting and local knowledge ensured we had a fantastic experience in a truly beautiful part of the world.
Accomodation is basic, clean and comforable with a lovelly garden and is only 5 minutes walk from Orgiva centre with loads of friendly bars & restaurants and cheaper than the usual tourist traps.

David is a very accomodating host who went out of his way to ensure we had a great and stress-free experience, from picking us up at the airport to recommending bars & restaurants to lighting the wood burner in our house on the one chilly night we had.

Brilliant Holiday, an Excellent package and Great value - Highly recommended

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 5 March 2016

My daughter and I spent 6 days here. Although the road biking was quite good, we had an overall unsettled and uncomfortable experience. The host made comments that left us feeling offended and bruised. When we told him this, he became increasingly agitated and even aggressive toward us.
We felt uneasy and even somewhat unsafe. Although I feel the host has good intentions, his behavior seemed unprofessional. I can't recommend this place/business.

Date of experience: February 2016
bikingandalucia, Owner at Biking Andalucia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Thank you Trip Advisor for the opportunity to respond,
Please see my points below.
1. At Malaga airport I gave precise instructions where to meet, on the mobiles I could hear but apparently could not be heard, through no fault of mine, but I guess out of fustration the reviewer, Mr Goldschlager lost his temper. On getting in our car, Mr Goldschlager immediately asked for water, I reponded that I did not have any but would purchase a bottle at the fiirst opportunity. Again he became bad tempered. No problem we are all human and we carried on.
2. The bikes were supplied by our rental partners, on that first, same day, Mr Goldschlager said there was a transmission issue, on his return, again he was acrimonious to me and our colleage from our bike hire partners, at that time it was going dark and the light was fading, so I said I would sort it out in the morning. The following morning we tested the same bike, and try as I might, I could not find any problems, the gear changes, were slick. He asked me to lube the chain which I did, and he agreed all was OK
3. He asked me to raise the handlebars, on a aheadset system you can not alter the bar hight as on the older quill system, the height had already been maximised with the spacers. Later I realised that by inverting the stem, we could get a bit more height which I promptly did.
4. They expressed shock that shoes are not included in the bike hire, I attempted to explain it would be too problematic, ie 15+ sizes, different cleats etc
5.They had a problem with a cat that many of my clients make a fuss of by throwing hot water at it. I calmly asserted that this was unnacceptable, and I took the cat away.
6.They brought up the Falklands/Malvinas conflict of 1982 (I undestand they are Argentine). I tried to avoid confrontation, and said this was a political matter of the time, and I would rather not get drawn into a discussion about it.
7. I tried to pacify then and bought a bottle of wine.I have in front of me right now, a hand written note thanking me for my hospitality and kindness, and at the time gratitude was expressed for my efforts, for example, ensuring that the wood burner was OK on return from a day out in Granada etc
8. Unfortunately the visit coincided with a spell of bad weather, which they had not anticipated, which clothing wise they were not equiped for.
9. Understandably the daughter was fitter, especialy because of the winter local to Mr Goldschlager he could not bike for several months, so I gave a route for both, and to avoid the worst of the unseasonal bad weather, but the daughter said it was not exciting enough.
10. All the other TA reviews are 100% genuine, and my clients before and after you have already booked to return to me. many of our clients go on to return and often become friends.
11. I honestly believe we did the best in a challenging situation and our conduct was totally correct at all times, in the face of several temper outbursts from them and expectations we could not embrace. Our colleage from our bike hire partners is a witness to this.