Sibton White Horse Inn
Satis House Hotel(Yoxford)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$268
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Wilderness(Sibton)
All reviewsthe pubexcellent foodhomemade breadboth nightsfirst classwarm welcomevaried menushort breakneil gilldressing roomreturn visitate hereevening mealcouple of nightshigh standardsuffolk coastduck
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I feel terrible going to leave a quite negative review as there are lots of very good reviews. We stayed here for 2 nights end of June to attend a friends sons wedding which was close by. We travelled from Cheshire and would have liked to get changed to attend the pre-wedding get topgether, but was told that there was no electricity and water. That wasnt really a problem as we arrived late so went straight to meet our friends at the venue where the wedding was being held the next day. I would have liked to get changed, but wasnt unduly upset about that. We then checked in quite late about 10.30 pm and was met by friendly staff (owners I think) who took us back outside to an annexe building. I think it was fairly new as there was unfinished work in the room. We were told that the Electricity and Water would be on in the morning before 10, there was some water left in the tank so it didnt stop us from having a wash and cleaning teeth etc.,etc., then we had showers later on to get ready for the Wedding in the afternoon.

The next morning on the Saturday we got up for breakfast and it was lovely very well presented and nicely cooked and there was a nice friendly atmosphere. So we went off with friends to look around the area before we went back to get ready for the afternoon Wedding.

Our room was upstairs at the end cannot remember room no. When we were shown to it we noticed there was a step of about 8" into the room. When we left the room I lost my balance as I forgot about the step, as soon as you open the door it is there hubby grabbed me so I didnt fall. On the Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave, carrying things to take to the car, I forgot about the step and nobody to save me this time I fell and tried to save myself but as I was carrying a large bag and a suit carrier over my arm I banged into the wall knocking my shoulder and hurting my left leg. My leg felt better within a couple of days, but shoulder still suffering with that. We then went down to breakfast and were asked if we had slept well I said yes, but then told them that the step was a major problem and that I had fallen and banged my shoulder and leg and the reply was "I did tell you about it" I said well surely there should be a sign not just word of mouth!!!

Possibly now after my accident perhaps they have a little sign on the back of the door which you can read before opening making you aware of it. If not that is an accident waiting to happen and in this day of "where there is blame there is a claim" they should be more careful that doesnt happen to them.

We did like the nice little extras toiletries, nice towels and the coffee/tea making facilities.

Hopefully the owners will read this and take note about the step before somebody really does break something and does put a claim in against them!!!

I do hope they dont see this as a negative review, but gain something positive from it. If somebody does fall down the step I didnt think "I told you about it" was the right response. I felt it should have been Oh I am sorry are you OK that would have made me feel a bit better.

Liz and Allan (Cheshire)

Room Tip: Top floor beware of the room at the end of the corridor with the step down from the door!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizals48
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were at the SWH for three nights this time - we have been before. The SWH never disappoints from spacious, clean and tidy rooms to the excellent fare on offer in the pub. Ingredients are sourced locally, some very local from the kitchen garden! The Full English breakfast has to be tried to be believed - the best I have had. There is a good wine list and a selection of well kept real ales. Neil and Gill are excellent, friendly and helpful hosts and their staff provide excellent service. The SWH is ideally located set in a countryside hamlet and within a short drive of some of Suffolk's finest coastal attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent 5 nights at the White Horse as it's ideally placed for sightseeing. Totally agree with other reviewers about how good it is. Very clean rooms, very comfortable bed, excellent shower, lovely Duck Island toiletries, decent size bath towels. Tea/coffee/hot choc/bikkies/ bottled water. Separate dressing room meant enough room in bedroom for a sofa. Free wi-fi, flat-screen tv, good lighting. Breakfasts to die for - fresh juice, selection of nuts and dried fruit, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, homemade jams and bread, great coffee, scrummy eggs benedict, juicy kippers, smoked haddock, veggie options, but best of all the traditional english breakfast which was perfection on a plate - beautifully cooked mushrooms, tasty bacon and sausage, meaty tomato and beautiful egg. Not a speck of grease on the plate. Crisp and crunchy toast. All washed down with pots of great tea or coffee. Attentive, friendly service. Faaaaantastic. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripsterJunkie
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Here is the ideal English Country Hotel. A typical pub with good beer and traditional décor but with a high standard of food (both trad and gourmet). Much of the veg is home grown in the lovely kitchen garden and the eggs are laid onsite. The rooms are furnished cottage style and well tended. The atmosphere is friendly without being intrusive and the location is ideal for the Suffolk heritage coast with its nature reserves and places of interest like Aldeburgh. We loved it here.

Room Tip: If you don't like or find it difficult climbing into a bath to have a shower, ask for a room with a walk-in shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 197Tony
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at this inn with rooms for two nights and couldn't have asked for more. The guest rooms are in a building adjacent to the inn and overlooking a large lawn. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the facilities were excellent... especially the free biscuits and bottled water! We instantly felt VERY comfortable.
Neil, Gill and their son Luke were excellent hosts and the staff in the pub and the restaurant were very friendly and accommodating, as were the locals. The selection of beers (including some local ales) and wines was great. We eat there on both nights that we stayed and the food was delicious, with a good vegetarian choice for my wife.
Breakfasts were again excellent with local produce, free-range eggs from their own chickens, home-made preserves, home-made bread, freshly-squeezed orange juice... it wasn't necessary to eat at all during the day!
This is a peaceful place with delightful hosts and delivers outstanding value for money. We are already looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a separate dressing room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple