All reviews the pub excellent food homemade bread first class both nights warm welcome quiz night return visit neil gill short break dressing room duck separate building evening meal suffolk coast couple of nights breakfast menu
Reviewed 26 April 2014

very very good probably the best we have stayed in from cleanliness to food hard to fault we would recomend this pub and retaurant to anyone and we will be back , there is ample parking rooms seperate from pub large gardens fantastic food in restaurant good beer clean room with hot shower overall a very well run pub it is easy to find and 20 minutes drive from southwold and alderburgh

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We wanted to spend a couple of nights away in Suffolk, and were rather put off by some hotels that would have cost around £500 for two days with meals etc.

Searching out alternatives we came across the Sibton White Horse Inn, perhaps not a 4 or 5 star experience but nonetheless excellent and much better value in my view than aforesaid 4/5 star hotels.

This is really a gastro pub with a few rooms, in a separate small accommodation block. The rooms are basic, but quite spacious, clean and comfortable.

The pub itself has a really traditional feel to it. The dinner menu is upper end fine 'pub grub' with a specials board. Unfortunately the specials were the same on both days we were there, more variety would have been appreciated. The quality of the food at dinner was really excellent, I can recommend their Steak and Kidney pudding, magical if you like traditional pub food. I was less impressed with the duck on the second evening, but overall I had no complaints.

Dinner service was prompt, once you had ordered (orders are taken at your table reservation time, so as not to overwhelm the two chefs - this works well).

Wine was sensibly priced by the bottle, and was good in my experience. A modest selection of draft beers etc. is also available.

It's essential to reserve a dinner table, as the pub gets very busy indeed.

Breakfast was traditional English, cooked to order, and excellent. The fruit juice was pretty awful (as in many restaurants) and the fresh fruit limited (get to breakfast early if you want a good choice).

Overall the Sibton White Horse Inn is a really good experience, probably a very busy one in the main part of the summer season, and represents excellent value on their Dinner, Bed & Breakfast rates. We shall be visiting again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was our second stay at the Sibton White Horse Inn. Our first stay was only for one night and that was three years ago and I must say that once again it didn't disappoint.

What a fantastic time of year to visit this place. Flowers, birdsong and a relaxing, welcoming ambiance put you at ease the moment you arrive. The food as ever was varied, expertly prepared and tasted wonderful as the ethos of this great pub is to utilize local produce whenever available. It is clear to us why this pub is in it's ninth year as they have a great product and they are doing so many things right.

The staff are friendly and courteous and the cooked breakfast is among the best I've experienced (other than my Wife's of course!)

We'd highly recommend using this as a base for your exploration of Suffolk. We'll surely be back to stay again.

Lisa & Wayne Blundell

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went here today for Mothering Sunday with my Mum and my Sister and we had a wonderful lunch. The staff were very polite and the food was delicious. I ate the Roast Pork and the Coffee Pannacotta. Will hopefully be eating there again soon. We ate up in the gallery by the window and had lovely views outside!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is one of the best pubs we have stayed in, the hospitality of all the staff was fantastic, the food was just amazing with a very good menu, we recommend the steak which was cooked perfectly, thank you chef, breakfast was lovely again excellent choices, presentation of cooked breakfast was spot on thank you all

Room tip: Very quiet, country pub, no night noise, very restful
Date of stay: March 2014