Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
Sveltos Hotel(Oroklini)
US$92
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Lithos Antonis G Apartment Hotel(Oroklini)(Great Value!)
US$51
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach boyspiano barsea viewbreakfast staffbeach towelsindoor poolthe air conditioningsea frontlarnaca townfamily holidaygreat holidayayia napasaladcyprusadelphiceliawedding
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just came back from Larnaka. And we've found this hotel as the best one in Larnaka district.

In spite of the water was rather cold in the sea (18.5 degrees), the pool water was great (24.5 degrees).

Rooms are standard, but very clean and spotless. Room service changed towels every day and we got the beautiful room, like just arrived.

The hotel has rather big and very beautiful garden with blossom flowers and, of course, palms :)

Breakfast was the same every morning - standard European breakfast, nothing fancy, but I'd tell you about the dinner. It was fantastic with different dishes every evening from different culinary arts from all over the world. Very tasty.

The hotel is very calm and cozy, without rush, noises and stresses. If you want to go to this hotel to take some party - you are on a wrong way :)

When we come to Cyprus again - we'll stay in this hotel, no doubts.

Thank you for great service :) and see you soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Svetlana Z
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for the first week of 2012 - so very much ‘out of season’ - as part of a Cosmos package. The hotel was very good – nicely presented, comfortable, good breakfast with plenty of choices, room cleaned very thoroughly every day. We had a ‘garden view’ room onto palm trees decorated with fairy lights and to the hills of Cyprus beyond. We found all the staff to be friendly & helpful. We were using the hotel as a base for sightseeing and walking and had a hire car – plenty of space in the car park.
We ate the ‘themed buffet’ in the restaurant on the night of our arrival and found the food good with lots of choice.
What might they do better? Well, we had twin beds not a double. Many hotels, even when there are twin beds, make the bed up as one – Palm Beach don’t do this. As noted by others, mini bar is ‘sealed’ so you can’t use it for your own drinks – but this isn’t really a problem when the weather isn’t hot. As it was Cyprus winter and the weather was a little changeable (although generally very good), we’d really have appreciated it if they’d updated the weather forecast displayed on the front desk every day. Information on local bus times and the effects of the bank holidays and festivals on opening, traffic buses etc. is also very welcome.

Room Tip: The (cheaper) garden view rooms have a very nice view of palm trees and hills beyond. There is a road, but it’s beyond a large garden and not busy, at least in winter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ros B
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over Valentine's for 2 weeks, and we really enjoyed our stay. Just looking at all the other hotels in the area I can say this is the only one I would stay at. We had a seaview room which was wonderful, you don't really get much of a sea sound from the other side.

The rooms are a little old, but everything works just fine, the shower wasn't designed for anyone over 6 feet tall, due to low ceilings in the bathroom only you will probably hit your head on it at 6'3''. Cleaning service was wonderful, always new towels, glasses, sheets.

Everyone is very friendly at the hotel, most people speak english just fine so there was never any communication problems. I was a little disappointed with the food, mostly the ala carte menu was the same in the restaurant, cafe, lounge, and room service. I do realize it was the "low season" even though the hotel was full, so the out door options were closed.And breakfast was always the same, and being American I hate English breakfast, no one in America likes baked beans and hot dogs for breakfast (I understand not many Americans go to Cyprus), but there is lots of fruits and cheeses with some pastries and slabs of bacon that has been baked to survive on.

They keep the grounds and the beach pristine, unlike most other hotels, if you want a nice relaxing place on the beach this is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dustin B
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was a bit worried about staying in a bunglow and not the main hotel ,it's like your're being pushed to the side !! Nothing could be further from the truth , the bunglow’s have been renovated in 2009 but were showing a little wear & tear but were still acceptable and clean. 2 adults and 2 young children (6 + 9) we had enough room to have a very comfortable week together. We used to have a lovely short walk through palm trees and greenery on the way to the main hotel for breakfast. We had a large swimming pool outside our bunglow (but it was too cold to use in April ! )but was great for sunbathing. The hotel had 38 bunglows but only 10 were occupied and I reckon about 50% of the hotel was occupied…perfect for me as I did not have to fight for the buffet breakfast or pool space !
The hotel has 1 kids pool (unheated) 2 large pools (unheated) 1 heated indoor pool. I was at the hotel during 3rd – 9th April 2012 and the pools could be cold until the midday sun warmed them up, strangely the sea was warmer than the pool water !
The breakfast buffet was the same everyday but not a problem as it had a good varity to choose from. The staff at the breakfast service were very friendly and very helpful, in-fact ALL the staff were very nice including George the manager.
The beach at the rear of the hotel was clean and stretched for about a mile each way ,as I said I went at a fairly quite time and I only had to share with a handful of other guests….lovely !
Would I use this hotel again…yes !
You MUST go into town and buy a 5 hour fishing trip with Larnaca Napa Sea Cruise.50 euro will buy a pick and drop to your hotel / 5 hour fishing boat trip with beer/wine/soft drinks and a fantastic buffet cooked onboard under 12 kids go free. Harry is the shifty looking chap selling the tickets from his scooter outside the boat ,the captain and crew great blokes.
The Red Bus Tour 12 euro for a 2 hour topless bus ride around Larnaca not bad for a day out.

Room Tip: Ask reception for bus timetable into town , 15minutes 1 euro for adult free for kids or 2euro for all day ticket.Buses every hour or taxi 10euro. The pizza hut opposite hotel have the BEST thin crust pizza in the world and it is served by the lovelist young Romainian lady.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bobby1968
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have been staying at the Palm Beach two or three times each year on business. Originally the hotel was booked as our company hotel, but now I book it anyway as it is so good. The friendliness of the staff is wonderful. There is a wonderful relaxed atmosphere and the rooms are always very good with great bathrooms. Okay.....so it isn't the height of chic and contemporary in the furniture and fittings, but it is very, very clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are amazing and the bars are convivial and welcoming. The gardens and grounds are beautifully kept and the fitness centre, spa and pools are all wonderful. The beach is at the bottom of the green lawns and the beach bars perfect for an evening cocktail as the sun goes down over the sea. When I'm working in Cyprus, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. There is always a cheery smile and a welcoming reception. A really great hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but sea views are best. All rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business