1,077 results
All reviewspiano barbeach boyssea viewbreakfast stafflarnaca town centrebeach towelsindoor poolthe air conditioningsea frontfour star hotelmain buildinghalf boardfamily holidayayia napagreat holidayyogurtcyprus
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is a reasonable hotel. Not worth the price paid. The only really good thing about it is the location on the beach. Our room overlooked inland which was quite drab. Inside the hotel is OK. Rooms are a bit small but OK. Breakfast reasonable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dbb1969
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have stayed at the Palm Beach on several occasions over the last few years,and the high standards continue to be maintained. They have just completed a major renovation,and the results are stunning,particularly in the Adelphi lounge. The service is excellent from the moment you arrive until the time you leave.In particular I must mention Mirela who was so helpful when we had to change our booking dates, the staff at breakfast and Celia,Christina and Valentina in the Adelphi lounge. The review of 9 February does not describe in any way our experience and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mikeh080
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for your valuable repeat visits. We are delighted and honoured to have such a loyal repeat clients at the Palm Beach hotel.
I am very happy to see that you liked our renovations and we hope to do more renovations next winter.
I am particullary happy to see that you mentioned a few names of our staff members, I believe they are our biggest strenght!
Thank you for yet another visit and I look forward to seeing you back at our hotel, soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It easily features 5* facilities after its recent and extensive renovations. Τhis specific hotel is in my heart for years and whenever I can, I return. I spent 3 nights this time and the stay was once again fantastic.

I had heard about renovations but had no idea that works were still on only because the people who had undertaken this project delayed in receiving what was ordered so it was not possible for them to finish work earlier. Works are finished by now anyway!

It was a bit awkward for the management to have guests while part of works were on, but luckily there was no noise and the erection gang was mostly on the entire 2nd floor which was totally closed, and out at the Executive Suites on the last floor. So, there was no harm and guests could truly enjoy the tranquility of what the hotel offers. The entire new look of the Suites is truly unbeatable!

ARRIVAL: Checking-in was smooth, swift and efficient. Christos accompanied and carried the bag up to the room for me and showed me a few things that he thought I need to have in mind. Friendly and very discreet. I was impressed with the little chat we had.

LOCATION: With direct access onto a sandy beach the resort is located on an idyllic coast. It is only 6kms from Larnaca and 12kms from the airport. It has the safest shallow lagoon-like sea bathing waters. Tropical gardens surround the premises providing the perfect setting for business clientele and pleasure. You have a feeling of having holidays on an exotic island and not Cyprus and all this because of the turquoise waters and the many Palm trees which are scattered not only in the beach-front but throughout the premises.

STAFF/ MANAGEMENT/SERVICE: Discreet and polite. The service was outstanding. Individuals are served in a unique way and this is highly appreciated and a reason to be back. The whole team works on the least detail for the comfort, taste and preference of their guests. The general manager Mr. Papakyriakou is an asset to the Company. I have been watching him for years, the way he deals and undertakes to respond to every single review out here. This shows attention, punctuality and true care for his guests and is something that counts.

REPEATERS: Once again I came across several repeaters out by the bar and lounge. We talked about different things and out of curiosity I asked how they liked the new look and upgrading of the hotel. They were thrilled and plan to return again in summer. An elderly couple who were British are back each year for the last 23 years. The feeling is homely they stated and throughout the years they have made friends here. Isn’t this wonderful? This is exactly how I feel too.

INTERIOR: A contemporary clean-line, open space and simplicity is how I can describe its interior. Elegant with good taste the complete new look and the pleasant atmosphere makes the stay fascinating. The transformation is evident and I am sure repeaters will love it.

WI FI: Wi Fi is free around the lounge and by the pool. For the rooms the fee is €8.00 per day, €19.00 for 3 days, and €27.50 for a fortnight. There is also another option which is €5 for 5 hours! Unfortunately this is still a problem with some of the hotels throughout the island.

ROOM: Contemporary designed with Mediterranean colour schemes, my sea-view room (416) was overlooking the serene Mediterranean coastline, but it was a standard one this time. Coming that same day from another hotel (the Mill hotel in Kakopetria) which I highly recommend, -where my room was 3 times the size of this, I was at first shocked I can say.

However the sound of the lapping of the waves on the beach the serene environment, the colours outside and the sunny weather made up for this. After a cup of strong coffee in the room, I started getting used to the size, and by the end of the stay I can say it was ok for the nights I stayed. Impeccable clean and airy, and having the room all to myself I cannot complain.

There was a safe, but still the old type of TV but I never bothered to switch it on even for once. The breathtaking beauty over the little balcony kept me busy elsewhere. Working on the computer mostly but it was fun because there were the summer sounds all around making even working hours pleasant. What made me happy is the exceptional climate of Cyprus at this specific season which is such that allowed me to draw the curtains but have for the whole night the balcony door wide open only to listen to the sound of the water down the coast. It pays to have a sea-view room. I would wake up early enough to catch to colors of dawn and sunrise.

Coffee/Tea facilities are not provided. The complimentary treat was a bottle of local home wine and a bowl of seasonal fruit. Both were highly appreciated and the wine was really good.

BATHROOM: It had the normal size we come across in standard rooms but it was clean and well looked after with plenty of complimentary toiletries with the name of the Hotel on, fresh towels, a pair of slippers and a bathrobe. I have to admit that out of all the hotels I stayed on this 3 week trip, the well-lighted bathroom out here made the difference. At last! Almost everywhere else I had stayed, bathrooms had more or less dim light.

BREAKFAST: There is a live cooking station for omelets and other breakfast items. Maria who is behind this is a very positive lady, and no matter how long the line might be, she will be happy to serve you the kind of omelet that suits your tastes. Only let her know exactly how you want it. There is another Maria out here who is also very attentive, but on the whole the whole team seems to be well trained and ready to meet the needs of guests.

RESTAURANT: I tried the buffet one night at the Omega Restaurant. It continues to keep its high standards, elegantly decorated, excellent cuisine and impeccable service. Familiar faces, professionals, friendly and at the same time discreet staff.

The seafood risotto I had was splendid. I accompanied it with grilled vegetables and a glass of wine. Dessert was also interesting and nicely presented. I am very picky when it comes to food and I rarely eat sweets but I did try a few and I found them challenging tasty and light.

Hugs and kisses by repeaters, back-slapping, huge smiles, is something you come across continuously in this hotel. I noticed several guests tipping staff and they were doing it out of their hearts both at dinner and breakfast. I found this gesture great.

The timing of my visit is such however that I cannot totally describe dining in other restaurants of the hotel. My favourite one is the Greek/Cypriot theme night out by the Sea Breeze restaurant. It is an experience not to be missed. I won’t describe it….you have to experience it yourselves! It usually takes place on a Saturday.

GARDENS & BUNGALOWS: Simply unbeatable especially if you seek comfort and privacy. This is where I stayed on my previous visit. They feature their own lagoon shape swimming pool, bar and restaurant around the pool but this wing is open only during the summer months. The beautiful gardens by the beach and the ones of the Garden Bungalows offer an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation. If this is what you are after, then you know exactly where to come! Bungalows are also ideal for families.

POOLS: The 4 outdoor pools and Jacuzzi are fantastic. The children’s playground is enclosed with its own little swimming pool with water slide and several other games. A kids club is also available and hosts activities for the day. The Mini club however opens seasonally at various times of the year accepting children from 4 to 12 years old.

There is a promenade just outside the hotel which is lovely for both walking and jogging.

TIP: Check out time is at 11.00 am and I find it quite peculiar I can admit. Of course depending on the availability, this is something which can be arranged through the reception.

IN ALL: My short stay was pleasant and homely. It is true that a hotel’s stay has to do with lots of things, -mostly the level of service, the good food, the friendliness and overall the experience. This is what counts after all isn’t it? Repeaters like me, know well how to appreciate all the above which can be found here. So, continue to work with efficiency guys and keep the high standards up. A huge thanks to all till the next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank greekcypriot2009
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Repeater guest (greekcypriot2009)

We thank you very much for your extensive review and were very pleased to see that you once again enjoyed the facilities of our Hotel and the renovated rooms. We hope that next time we will have the choice accommodating you in one of our renovated superior rooms! Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and have to say im not impressed. Looks ok until you look closely at the decor. Poorly finished in my view. Food was buffet style and fairly tasteless. Rooms clean and fairly comfortable. I would view this as a typical package holiday hotel. Ok but nothing special. Would suit some but not me.
The lady behind the bar when I was there was very good and attentive

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rizz1958

Dear Friend,

Thank you for staying with us, even for one night, and thank you for the review. I am pleased to see that you thought of our rooms comfortable and clean. I also pleased to see that you found our bar service attentive and good.
The hotel has started a new cycle of renovations, which I believe that the areas which have been renovated have been superbly done. To name but a few these are: the Adelphi lounge and new bar, the Piano bar, the Reception sitting areas, the hotel Royal Suites and their connecting Superior Sea view rooms, all of the second floor and the tennis courts. We have also completed the renovations of the Garden Bungalows' complex with a soft renovation of all the upstairs bungalow units. The feedback from old as well as new guests has been extremely positive.
Nevertheless, I would like to hear more about your views and more specific what you think can be improved, so you can contact me at: gm@palmbeachhotel.com or +35724846600 or leave me a phone so that we can call you.
I am also concerned you found our food to be not-so-tasty since one of our most received comments from our guests is the taste of our cuisine. I believe, should you have stayed longer you would have changed your views on our food very soon!
I hope to talk to you soon and more important to see you again at our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I agree with the preview of not a 4 star hotel.
Dated rooms, hardly any Greeks work there, chamber maids very abrupt.
The breakfast was like a cattle market .
There was constant noise from neighbouring rooms and the night staff were unobliging.
Really not worthy of 4 star, 3 star maximum.

Room Tip: A high floor room away from the constantly noisy bar
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business