“Nightmare”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
Seekirchen am Wallersee, Austria
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked through Booking.com, paid the price through Western Union, when we arrived the owner said I never paid, I showed him our e-mails with his confirmation replies. This issue solved we went to the rooms. Dirty rooms, dirty kitchen, ancient beds and sheets, no soap or toiletpaper in the restrooms, Mold everywhere, holes in the bathtub, in one word just DISGUSTING. Owner very unfriendly, even we paid for 14 days, we left and looked for another hotel.
If you want to start your holiday without a bad expierence do not go there. Booking has taken this hotel from there list.

Room Tip: if you wanna stay out of trouble, dont go there have a nice holiday elsewhere
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Horst G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lombardia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We took a trip in Cyprus in October 2008. At night about 4:00 A.M. we arrived and, accordingly to instructions of the owner, we had the key in the knob and the lift enlightened at the pressure of the foot on the lift floor. The sky and the star carpet were really amazing. We entered the door and discovered that bed was "curved", sheets never changed (and somehow stinky) and bed whose sheets has never been reassembled. A drop fell continuously down from the ceiling. No clues of soap in the bathroom. The following morning we woke up at the crow and we had breakfast outside the room, at the swimming pool, where a column of ants walking between the plate of slices and jam and a cup of coffee. We pay additional price for breakfast (i do not remember the sum, but usually breakfast should be included in the price for the nightstay). All things considered, we needed only a place to spend a night. Because we landed the evening before, we did not request anything special. We did not meet the owner, but his wife, who was enough polite. A ATM bank was available outside the hotel, The morning was marvellous, with sun shining all the day. Then we went to tour the island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located upwards.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrew73Lombardia
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2012

What a horrible experience. The owner is extremely agressive, and rude. We ended up sleeping in our car, which turned out better than dealing with this owner. We coordinated with him to pick up the key after hours, but when we arrived, the door was locked and no one there. After I inquired about what happened, he cursed us out, in a bad way. Emails followed with threats after I stated that I would make sure that I review his service on websites. I had to block him. Never experienced anything like it, and hope to never do so again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank aosm
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,948 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I spent one night at the Antonis G Hotel Apartments in Oroklini on my recent trip to Cyprus.
This is my second visit here. The apartments are spacious with all the amenities needed. There was a special offer those days and until December 2012 a studio for 2 persons costs 35 euro while for 3 costs 40. I found the price attractive and I spent one night to visit some relatives.

The hotel was almost full, and the night I was there, there was a big gathering of people at the premises next to the swimming pool gardens.
The Lithos restaurant which belongs to the same family is being renovated next door and all guests come to the hotel premises. Different activities and events take place every night with much music and quizzes. The majority of these guests are British and they have been coming here for years. I was amazed after talking to a number of them and they were telling me of how they love this place and they enjoy an outing as they told me for so little. They come from the whole district of Larnaca.
The rib portion for instance is unbelievably huge and deliciously roasted. A pint of beer for 2 euro and Mousaka costs 8 euro. Tuna salad is 6.50. Of course there are many more dishes like Stifado (stew) and Afelia or chicken kebab.
I recommend both the apartments and the restaurant as a good choice! I would certainly return.
I will certainly return to the apartments when Lithos will be finished.
There is a bus stop just outside the hotel which goes to Larnaca every hour.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank greekcypriot2009
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Went to cyprus for diving and stayed for 2 nights. excellent service and really recommend it. the price was also very cheap.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,948 helpful votes
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is the second time I visit this hotel in Oroklini.
Some years back the hotel was working in full. Now I was the only visitor here but I still enjoyed it because I had all the attention.

I was given a very comfortable apartment for just 28 euros a night, but it seems that because of the economic crisis this hotel has not worked at all this year.
The hotel manager explained to me that there are 5 apartments which are in use these days and the rest of the hotel is closed up.

Be sure to arrange the exact time of your arrival when you book because in the evenings the owners leave the hotel and stay in their house in Larnaca. I suggest that you have the mobile phone of the owner too.
Larnaca is not very far and there is a bus-stop outside the hotel, however I believe anyone interested to book here should have a car.

At the side of the hotel there is a restaurant called Lithos and which belongs to the owners’s children. Once a week different events take place here and its popular with English people who come to have fun. You can dine here for a change and have fun. It is open every evening.

I would recommend the hotel to people who are on a budget. You might feel a bit uncomfortable in the very beginning but as long as you close the door behind you and you are in your apartment for this little money I am sure you won’t care much if there are other people around or not!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank greekcypriot2009
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We booked three nights there because I couldn’t find nothing cheaper and in good location. The price was 80 Euro but I wasn’t informed by email during correspondence with the owner that for A/C we have to pay additional.
I should suspicious something before during this conversation because it was very rude answers but I thought that maybe Antonis – the owner doesn’t know good English.
We arrived in the morning about 9 am and the receptionist opened us and instead saying “hello, how it was the flight, do you have reservation?” we received “please pay me first and I will give you the key”. So we wanted to see the room first. The room wasn’t to clean but for this price I wouldn’t expect more unless I am not in Asia, so we paid. I wanted to do it by Credit Card but the receptionist call to the owner (by the way he was calling him “sir”) and he refused to accept the credit card. We paid then in advance by cash, left suitcases and went to see the east side of the island. We parked our car near the door for the moment of unpacking the suitcases for 5 minutes and when we were going out the wife of the owner asked us not politely to park in the other place about 100 m from the door.
We returned about 22.00 very happy to spent nice time and after opening the door we’ve got a shock. In the living room there were 3 monster cockroaches. We are living in Israel. Here also we have it during the summer but every year we are doing disinfection in May and we can sleep easy. Those ones which we saw in this hotel was twice bigger that those which we knows from Israel. I started to panic. Even my boyfriend said that he is not going to stay there. I run away and asked the receptionist where I can find the owner. He was seating in the bar with friends and when he saw us he took us aside to the table where was seating also his wife. I told him about the problem and I proposed that we can pay 10 Euro for taking a shower and go away and asked him to give our money back. He was discussing something with his wife in Greek and after reply that he is not going to give us money back because it season and he was keeping the room especially for us. Maybe it was a season but the hotel was almost empty, I noticed only 6 guests during our 3 nights there. Now, I know why it was empty. He proposed us to change a room but I was afraid that if I saw them in this room they are everywhere especially that there was very dirty in all hotel.
Finally, we agreed for changing a room because we haven’t have a choice. We could only sleep in the car but we lost already 80 Euro not to spend 3 nights without shower!!! We asked him for a room on the third floor and the spray against those creatures and A/C free but he told us he can give us only 50% for it and he added that it will be 5 Euro. After few minutes I asked the receptionist how much is the A/C and he replied that 7 Euro. Now, I know why all Antonis’s family is driving Mercedeses. They are cheating on every step your staying there !!! For a luck we had a car and were spending all days outside of the hotel and during nights we kept light on in a case. We were very happy to leave the hotel, so much that we went up at 6 am to run away as soon as possible.
By the way, the village Oroklini is great, nice locations, a lot of tavernas and bars. I can recommend Mandra Tavern with life music after 8.30 and a bakery on the main street. But please keep away from this hotel. You can find an apartments for rent in this village.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank szczypia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroklini
Pasianna Hotel Apartments
#30 of 39 in Larnaka City
Sunflower Hotel Apartments
Sunflower Hotel Apartments
#27 of 39 in Larnaka City

Been to Lithos Antonis G Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!