“It is ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Siauliai
Belgrade, Serbia
“It is ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Location is excellent.Wifi. Heating was good, staff were good.The price you pay for a very poor breakfast is enough to get a full breakfast at surrounding restaurants. The best doble rooms for us are 1301 and 1101.Very big rooms,with great view .Maids are so bad-when you put the sign on the door -do not disturb- they fall into the rooms always without knockin.We were in this hotel few times,last time we were guests in this hotel one month.They rarely change linens.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
Alytus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We visited this hotel for four days and three nights in May 2013 and our experience was good. We had no issues regarding rooms, services, food or anything else throughout our stay. Everything was perfect. Staff is well trained and professional, but at the same time very polite and friendly too. Amenities are abundant and property is well maintained. Will definitely recommend this place to my other friends.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jurga T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

There was some concern about staying here before we arrived. However, the staff were friendly and competent and everyone tried their best. Siauliai is not a tourist hot spot so it is unlikely that you would find a high level business type hotel but it is very well located, with a friendly bar and some very spacious rooms. The suites, which were amazingly well priced, were clean, well serviced, large. The suites were a little basic by usual western standards but they were fine.

Is this the Ritz in London? No. Is it a fair hotel? Yes, but please manage your expectations.

It was a little puzzling that the bar was not open at all on Sunday and there was a feeling of communist era architecture. However, staff were good.

The hotel actually has considerable potential if someone were to take it on and upgrade. If you are in Siauliai then this is a safe, sound choice but do not expect luxury.

Room Tip: Choose a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Duncan C
Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Well it was not my first stay in this hotel, but I had no other available option due to the short notice for my biz trip. I first stayed at this hotel in Sep 2011, and my second experience was in Jan 2013. Unfortunately poor management has dragged the hotel lower in many ways. Broken shower heads, old small TVs, no fridge or kettle, but worst of all, was the breakfast. I wasn't an early bird on a weekend morning at the breakfast tables, but it was way too disappointing to see almost 'nothing' available to eat or drink,and I was not the only surprised guest at the hotel. The price you pay for a very poor breakfast at Siauliai Hotel is enough to get a full breakfast at various surrounding restaurants, including Cili Pica.

The positives: Heating was good, pillows were super comfy! I needed a good sleep after several business meetings and I managed to sleep well I should admit! Also, location is excellent, completely central with great access to major spots in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Siauliai hotels

Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed for two nights in two different room types. The only place I`ve stayed to in Siauliai, so can`t compare. The overall mark by my usual standards would be somewhere in between ** and ***.
I`ll try to be helpful to those who really NEED to stay there, but firstly:

my best advice is to drive few hours more to stay in Palanga, Klaipeda, Kaunas, or Riga (depending on your direction). Those are tourist centres and you`ll find much better places to stay there, as well as something to see and do.

Good things in Siauliai Hotel were:
+ Both my rooms were clean ok
+ Standard double rooms really are huge. Suits are of at least two types: the red one I moved to on the second night was not that impressive in size, but at least much better decorated; there are also suits simpler in design but bigger in size and with windows overlooking Siauliai in three directions out of four - really cool, I was tempted but chose a hint of good taste instead
+ Good window views (at higher floors)
+ Free wifi, no need to get passwords, just turn in and go ahead
+ For such a basic place they have surprisingly fine elevators. I`ve stayed in better class hotels with these little things spoiling everything, especially in Scandinavia
+ It was pretty quiet during my stay, so I suppose it could be a "+" for some, too

Everything else was a "-". Very very simple and cheap. This you can`t describe, as someone here mentioned already, just a feeling you`ve got. But there were few things one can give names to:
- Standard double was pretty dimly lit
- While rooms were clean, there was an impressive stain on carpet in my standard
- Yes, there was no shower curtain in my cheaper room as some people have already complained
*There was a shower cabin with doors and everything in that better red room however. I suspect there will be no curtains in standards in the future either, as I`ve talked with managers about it. They say there`s some hygienic philosophy behind it
- While there was a teapot AND cups and plates in suit, there were not a teabag present. May be they would bring them may be not
- No telephone

Few tips:
` Breakfast`s served on 6th floor, 7am-10am, the same place serves as a cafe after 5pm. I`m sorry I couldn`t bring myself to try eating there
` Find all heaters in your rooms and turn on max - worked wonders for me, just make sure they`re plugged in :)
` There are few coffee and snack machines in the lobby. Tea is undescribably horrible, but other things bearable
` Don`t go harsh on management, I think they`re kind and helpful, they just love their hotel and won`t understand what`s wrong with it if you start complaining. Ask for things you`d like to be changed calmly and you`ll get far. ...You know it`s like trying to describe to someone who doesn`t mind supermarket sushi why go out of the way to prepare a meal.
` There`s beauty parlor, something like table tennis or ping pong, and few travel agencies in the building
` May be I was just lucky, but taxis in Siauliai are really cool - cheap and very fast service

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank benitahillstrom
Breda, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel several times and it worked just fine for us. The service was nice, good location in the centre, rooms comfortable and it was always clean. Didn't take breakfast so can't comment. Nice view from upper floors. No luxury but no disappointments either, will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rita B
Stockbridge, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I don't get a say on where I stay on business since the company pays for the room. There is no way I would pay to stay at this hotel. The whole hotel has an undescribeable funk. There are no shower curtains, so I flooded the floor out when I washing my hair. The big surprise is there are no telephones in the room, not safe at all. And lastly, the cleaners do a horrible job. My sheets were covered in hair. I won't even say what my colllege had on her sheets. And since there are no phones we had to go back downstairs to get clean sheets.

For as bad as the hotel is I was kind of surprised breakfast wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business