“Excellent guest harbour. Great for hops to/from Norway.”
Review of Farsund Gjestehavn

Farsund Gjestehavn
Sweden
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Excellent guest harbour. Great for hops to/from Norway.”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Farsund’s marina for guest boats is very well situated for trips to/from Norway to/from Scotland, Skgen or Thuboron in Denmark and Gothenburg in Sweden.

Farsund is a bit special since they don’t charge anything for the place for the boat, nor the water or electricity. All free!
However, there are only a limited number of electrical outlets along the quay, not enough for every boat. But when we were there we took turns between the boats so we all could charge batteries, PC etc.

The shower and washing machines are not free but very good anyway.

In the morning there is a lady waking you up (around 9 am) with a free copy of the local newspaper and a bag with donuts. I was there in 2005 as well, and then we got bread in the morning (nicer than donuts I must say).

There two harbours (only 5 minutes waliking distance between them) . I went to the south harbour. Then you have toilets, showers, washing machines and a great food store on the quay. When I was there it was quite windy (6-7 Beaufort) from South, and waves were building up. I looked t the northern harbour and it didn’t seem much better there. Otherwise the harbour is very sheltered and convenient.

The town itself is very small with only 3-4 pubs and restaurants.

I certainly recommend this marina as an access point to and from Norway. It’s very convenient to fill water and buy food and other supplies.

Visited July 2011