Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen
      Very Good 4/5
      • Breakfast included
      Good 3.5/5
      • Beachfront
      Hotel 't Witte Huys(Scheveningen)
      Average 3/5
      Hotel Hage(Scheveningen)
      Andante Hotel(Scheveningen)
      Good 3.5/5
      • Beachfront
      All reviewsden haagthe hotel staffsuperior roomlots of restaurantscold cutsstayed for two nightsbusiness tripcomfortable bedthe location is perfectmin walknice hotelsea viewyogurttramparkingbeachfamiliy
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 21 July 2013

First the positives: great location one block from the beach and close to public transport; good breakfast, though quite expensive at EURO 16 per person; nice big rooms and very (VERY) comfortable beds.

Now the not so good: The Hague was in a heatwave and the air conditioning was poor. It just didn't cool the room. And having moved rooms once, to one with marginally better air conditioning, we found the shower drain blocked and a temperamental toilet.

However, and in fairness to the excellent staff, the shower drain was promptly sorted and another room was immediately made available so my partner could take a morning shower while ours was fixed.

Having stayed at the hotel before, I would still choose to stay at the Ibis again if I wanted to be on the beach in The Hague. Otherwise, I would probably stay in town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front generally have a balcony but suffer from road noise. Rooms to the rear have no balcony but are quieter.
      • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear MH2806,

Many thanks for taking the time in sharing your experiences and giving us the opportunity to improve our services.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and had very comfortable nights at our Sweet bed by Ibis. I regret the technical inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, I am delighted to read you appreciate the way our team handled this situation. I will certainly share this with my team as this inspires us to improve our services.

May I politely inform you that most of our rooms to the rear also have a balcony and indeed these are quieter. However they miss the beautiful sea view!

I would like to finish by saying that it was a pleasure welcoming you at ibis Den Haag Scheveningen and we look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

For a night or two on an business trip is a good place to stay, good value and staff are
      very friendly. The location is ideal being not far from The Hague and you are in between Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
      1  Thank Harry L
      Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Harry L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and its great location.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I appreciate the matured behaviour of the reception. They understood our requirements and made to provide by accommodating with what best they have. They understand that it is not money but meeting our requirements within their reach is what is essential for a customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear incodenative,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, this is of great value to us.

I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the professional attitude of our hotel team.
      Your comments inspire and motivate us in constantly providing the best personal service.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have stayed several times in the Hague centre but this time we decided we would stay at Scheveningen which is only a very short tram ride from the centre of the Hague. The hotel is alongside the road but very close to the beach and all its facilities. We found it very comfortable and the staff exceptionally helpful. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and of course the trams to the Hague centre or Delft run from around the corner. The tram to the centre also passes the miniature Netherlands at Madurodam so this is also convenient for families. Scheveningen can be very crowded, but a walk along the dunes can bring you to very quiet parts of the lovely sandy beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
      Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
      Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Norwegian11,

I am very delighted to read your review. Nice to read that you were able to enjoy the large variety of Scheveningen and its surroundings.

Your comment regarding the helpfulness of the team makes me proud and I will certainly pass this on to them!

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.