“Great stay”

Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Scheveningen
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just come back home after a 2 night stay at the Ibis, Scheveningen. Great location, tram right outside, beach across the road. Staff really helpful, never seemed to get fed up with my silly questions. Room lovely, clean, big for 3 of us and we had a balcony. Nice and cool too. Only downside was expensive breakfast and small breakfast room for the number of guests, but we did eat ours outside as it was so hot. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Debbie H,

Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, especially your comments regarding the helpfulness of the hotel team makes me smile.
Your remark about the breakfast is understandable and I am happy to read this won't withhold you to recommend ibis Den Haag Scheveningen to others!

We look forward welcoming you again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights visiting my son..ignore all the reviews about it not being 5 star...very pleasant stay...if get chance would go again..close to delft...den Haag and schevenigen promenade...tram stops outside hotel...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Latta2013,

Many thanks for your great review!

Your comments make me proud and I will certainly share them with my team.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful! Hotel and room clean as to be expected.

The room had a balcony that was a nice added addition because we could see the beach. That being said, the beach was only a block away!

This was a good place to stay that I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EZ_Traveling
Angela H, General Manager at Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear EZ_Traveling,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay and especially your recommendation for our hotel
I will share your comments with my team!

We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

First the positives: great location one block from the beach and close to public transport; good breakfast, though quite expensive at EURO 16 per person; nice big rooms and very (VERY) comfortable beds.

Now the not so good: The Hague was in a heatwave and the air conditioning was poor. It just didn't cool the room. And having moved rooms once, to one with marginally better air conditioning, we found the shower drain blocked and a temperamental toilet.

However, and in fairness to the excellent staff, the shower drain was promptly sorted and another room was immediately made available so my partner could take a morning shower while ours was fixed.

Having stayed at the hotel before, I would still choose to stay at the Ibis again if I wanted to be on the beach in The Hague. Otherwise, I would probably stay in town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front generally have a balcony but suffer from road noise. Rooms to the rear have no ba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MH2806,

Many thanks for taking the time in sharing your experiences and giving us the opportunity to improve our services.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and had very comfortable nights at our Sweet bed by Ibis. I regret the technical inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, I am delighted to read you appreciate the way our team handled this situation. I will certainly share this with my team as this inspires us to improve our services.

May I politely inform you that most of our rooms to the rear also have a balcony and indeed these are quieter. However they miss the beautiful sea view!

I would like to finish by saying that it was a pleasure welcoming you at ibis Den Haag Scheveningen and we look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

For a night or two on an business trip is a good place to stay, good value and staff are
very friendly. The location is ideal being not far from The Hague and you are in between Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Harry L

Dear Harry L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and its great location.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I appreciate the matured behaviour of the reception. They understood our requirements and made to provide by accommodating with what best they have. They understand that it is not money but meeting our requirements within their reach is what is essential for a customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear incodenative,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, this is of great value to us.

I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the professional attitude of our hotel team.
Your comments inspire and motivate us in constantly providing the best personal service.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scheveningen
Carlton Beach
#13 of 24 in Scheveningen
The Hague Marriott Hotel
The Hague Marriott Hotel
#5 of 68 in The Hague

Been to Ibis Den Haag Scheveningen? Share your experiences!