“Nice enough for the price.”
Review of Bella Vista

Bella Vista
Ranked #4 of 7 Scheveningen B&B and Inns
“Nice enough for the price.”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights while working in Den Haag. As it was a bank holiday weekend, the only room they had available was at the annexe (Bella Vista 2) which was about 5 minutes walk away but closer to the sea front. The room itself was very small with a very narrow bed and little room for much else. The room was very clean and cleaned daily. TV had a selection of Dutch and German channels but BBC was not working although it was listed. The wifi did not work properly when I arrived. I asked them to remedy this and eventually they did although it took 24 hours to do. Didn't eat breakfast, although if I had it would have meant a walk to the main hotel and back. When I did speak to reception they were quite helpful and courteous and, as you would expect in the Netherlands, they speak really good English. Also must be said that one night I was kept awake my another group staying in an adjacent rooms, although the walls don't appear to be that thin (as I noticed when banging on the wall to get them to be quiet!)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kinder7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here with our two kids and had a good time. Our room was in Bella Vista 2 which is close to the movie theater, casino and everything. The room was spacious and fairly priced! The reception was in Bella Vista 1 but when we needed some help we could easily get in contact thanks to the free phone in the hotel. Within minutes someone came by to bring us some extra toilet paper. And that was at 11 PM! Breakfast was good value for money. When we come back to Scheveningen this will be our first choice again!

Room Tip: There are two buildings: make sure you know where you are staying.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia D
Seaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here for a few nights in an 'apartment' for 3 people, but don't get coonfussed by the word apartment, it is just a normal hotel room, and I'm still not quite sure why they classify it as an apartment. It was as good as I expected it to be. Stayed in Bella Vista 2, the other hotel, which actually turned out to be in a much better location, right by the theater, and closer to the beach and main part of Scheveningen than the main hotel.The room perfectly fine, beds are thin and decor is very simple, and we had our bath towels replaced with hand towels for some reason. In the reception area there are really good money off offers for local attractions which was also really good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Parking was a bit more expensive than expected. Hotel was reconstructing something, our room was quite loud. The sea was near.and start nice. Beds were very thin, like 60 cm wide, but otherwise everything was fine.

• Stayed May 2012
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We booked an apartment (not a standard room!) in the hotel next door. The room was quite big and nicely furnished and designed. It was very close to wonderful Scheveningen beach and promenade. On the negative side, it's quite far from the Hague city centre (froget about walking there) but 1 tram will take you there (2 to get to the Centraal Station). At night it was a bit cold and noisy. No free breakfast and no free wi-fi. Also, a strange requirement to call in and confrim if you arrive after 5pm.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fandorin
Frankfurt
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I really would recommend this Hotel as the rooms are very nice even if the staircase is as others already stated is a little bit of a challenge. You shouldn't be scared if you arrive from The Hague city cause one side of the older part of the building looks a little bit shaby. I really have been shocked but when I entered the hotel and room (109) I was just relieved. So just enjoy your stay there and relax

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank agerbras
Zaandam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 December 2011

First: Be sure you know in which part of the hotel you're in!!
When I first walked in there was a very friendly person greeting me and explaining the parking etc to me.
The room 504 (in BV2 across from Theatre) looked a bit run down. Bathroom at first glance nice (grey marble) but upon further inspection needed some upkeep fast!
Location was great as we visited the theatre, it was right across the street.
The horror started with our 4 downstairs teen-neighbours and their drinking and smoking binge all night till 6AM. They ran around the hotel slamming doors, screaming and inviting strangers in. but at no time did the staff that can indeed see with the camera's from location1 do a thing. Needless to say: I did not sleep.
When I complained the next morning the lady that was there (different one) Seemed indifferent. I should have used my cell to call. When I told her my cell had died and that the only guest-phone was right by the room of the troublemakers all she said was "well can't do anything now"
So if you don't mind noisy (doors close with a bang!) and cheap at a good location, this is the place to be.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank joycecd

Travellers are raving about these Scheveningen hotels