“Worst Lunch Ever”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Worst Lunch Ever”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was visiting Flin Flon for a weekend and decided to stop into a cute looking restaurant. Well, I didn't have a reservation and was stuffed next to the kitchen. The waitress did the lunch special and I decided I wanted a Rubin. She asked me "What kind of mustard?" Should have been a clue. Well I got my Rubin, all by itself on a plate designed to take a soup bowl, as well as a sandwich. My Rubin looked crammed and naked on the extreme left side of the plate. The right side was empty, except for scraps of sour kraut and some corned beef. A sliver of pickle was discovered cowering on the left of the sandwich, almost shoved off the plate. Imagine corned beef, swiss cheese, and mustard! They should look up the recipe. I asked when I paid, where's the chips or something? I was informed that this was a healthy restaurant and they didn't do chips. While I was eating the waitress dropped off 2 vases of dead flowers, hoping that I wouldn't mind. I felt like I was in an episode of "Twilight Zone." For snooty service, a really, really bad sandwich, and a half decent cup of coffee it cost over $10.00.
Wow !! They really have to twig on to when a stranger enters their exclusive establishment, they should be treated well, not like intruders into an exclusive club. I would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Barb M

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I could not believe how miserable the waitress looked when she saw me and my son walk in the restaurant. She was appaled that my son did not want to eat what she suggested. She started at him with such an awful look as he was trying to decide on what to order. I was forced to politely leave and stated to the waitress that we had to go else where. My other option would had been to tell her where to go and how fast she can get there!

Visited February 2012
Flin Flon, Canada
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

The lunch time crowd is huge, so if you're planning a lunch time visit, reserve a table. The soups are delicious & made from scratch. The sandwiches are huge (as they should be, for $5 each). The service is generally prompt, and friendly. In the summer, they have an outdoor deck, which accomodates more diners. I've never had a bad experience, and it's quickly become one of our favourite haunts. The only "problem" is that it's only open during uptown business hours, so suppers are not an option.

• Visited January 2011