“Lovely Wedding Reception”

and 1 more site!
St Albert Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in St. Albert
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

I attended a wedding reception at the St Albert Inn, but I did not stay at the hotel and cannot comment on the rooms.

The room was decorated very nicely. There was plentiful free parking.
The dance floor was a good size.
The two buffet lines were set up on the dance floor and there were no crowding issues.
The food selection was tastier than I expected, a bit of a surprise considering I hadn't given the place a second glance for years and years.
I am pretty sure all deserts are brought in from one of those standard desert factories, but the fresh fruit platters were nicely presented and large.
The coffee was too strong. The banquet staff looked like they were working hard clearing dishes from tables, but they left many dishes on several tables all night; definite room for improvement.
Over all it was a very enjoyable evening with no drawbacks and a good meal.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank thriftycanuck49

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I was staying here for two weeks while on a course.

I was given a very nice room with fridge,coffee maker and the most comfy bed and pillows.

Very clean.

They dont have a safe in room but they have honset people working there and a safe in lobby if you need to put things in it.

I left my cell, purse and jewllery in room nothing taken.

Amanda on front desk was great helped me with photo copies and fax,s no charge.

Chantel and Ryder my servers in the resteraunt became friends.

The have have gym,pool,hot tub water slide, conference rooms.

I asked for a quite room and got it.

No security issues my car was parked there for two weeks.

They are very close to malls,stores,everything you could need.

ATM in lobby pleanty of carts to take your things to your room.

Only negitive things was thier WIFI is slow at times, and they need central air not noisy one in window.

I would turn it on and off as needed but at night it would get hot and i would wake up sometimes this is in August.

Food was very good big portions only dish that was not great spaghetti and meat sauce.

My fridge was frozen and would not shut.

The manager Michael took mine away brought me ice bucket and cold free Ginger ale my tummy was sore.

Next day new fridge in room when i got back.

I loaded up my my water and ginger ale.

You will be happy with your stay here.

The most important things i look for in a hotel were their.

Take care Lisa R

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have been staying here for a few yrs now and have always chosen it for the pool and the location. The pool is great and our kids really enjoy it!!! The cleaning staff are friendly and always willing to help and get what ever is needed in a timely fashion. The extension cords and wall plugs are something to be desired. Wish there where microwaves as they always tell me we can have one and we never seem to get one. Would like to see them come into the future and get a decent continental breakfast for the family. VERY EXPENSIVE otherwise. The place is generally noisy with all the traffic in front, filter fans on roof outback and hall noise. The wall air conditioner sounded like it wanted to take off for a flight. Beds are comfy and the newer renos seem to be slowly coming along.
However I would NOT recommend eating in the restaurant in hotel. I travel a lot with my work and this was by far the WORST service and the most awful food I have tasted as long as I can remember. We thought it was just a bad experience for us but after talking with more people who also where enjoying the hot tub it wasn t just us and we will never take a chanced like this again. 45$ thrown out the window with ZERO service!!!! Next year we will be trying a different place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I infrequently travel to St. Albert on business. For the past 7 or 8 years I always stayed at this hotel. I think I will change where I stay in the future.

The good stuff: The rooms are acceptable, pretty much what one would expect from any mid-grade hotel. I have to say bed was very, very comfortable. The staff was friendly as always and check in/out was very fast and efficient. The best part of this hotel is the location. It's located next to three very large, outdoor malls. Restaurants galore, tanning, pubs, Starbucks, Shoppers, on and on.

The bad stuff: The hotel itself is really beginning to show its age, even with the recent renos. In my room on the third floor, the bathroom was another story altogether. The toilet didn't really have much flushing power to speak of. One of the two lights in the bathroom was burnt out, it being the one by the shower so my morning showers were in somewhat darkness. I unscrewed the burnt out bulb and left it laying on the side of the tub hoping housekeeping would see it and take action to have it replaced. When I came back to my room at the end of the day, there was the bulb laying neatly on the side of the tub where I left it. The shower's water pressure and temperature left a lot to be desired. Low pressure and not very hot water. The shower head was old and couldn't be adjusted. The absolute worst part of staying at this hotel was the Wifi. It was virtually non-existent at the best of times. I work in my room on my laptop after hours and need a good connection. The Wifi would fluctuate from 20 mbps to 2 mbps. I was forced to use my phone as a wireless hot spot instead (it provided a consistent 54 mbps). Very frustrating to say the least.
The onsite restaurant had a good, affordable breakfast. The hotel additionally offers complimentary coffee and muffins in the morning if you prefer that fare.
All in all, with the number of hotels in nearby, northern Edmonton I think I will be choosing to stay elsewhere from now on. Too bad, I always enjoyed the St. Albert Inn but this last experience makes it my last stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the "new" side and stay away from the "renovated" rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This goes down in my books as the noisiest hotel I have ever experienced. All evening and night all I could hear were people running around above me, slamming doors and to top it off a clear conversation from my bathroom air vent. This place has virtually no sound proofing. If you are looking for a loud noisy stay book here. The restaurant lacks anything to be desired as most food is half burnt. Staff are reasonably friendly and help when they could. Parking is limited. What I did like was the close amenities so that was good for food options. The hotel is clean as far as rooms, bathroom, lobby and pool go. But that restaurant as got to go. I loved the beds very comfortable with new bed linen; at the end of the day that's all that matters to me. The pool was fair sized and warm with a water slide so great for kids. Hot tub was more warm than anything. Also had on site laundry. Out of the two hotels St Albert had I would try best western next time.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel last summer while attending a family wedding. This hotel was clean, and friendly with great amenities in the area all within walking distance. Even though it's located on a main traffic route I didn't find it too noisy. Should I find myself in the area again I'd stay here.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaxx_52
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Seemed nice enough when we checked in. Good location for what we were doing and nice girl at the desk. But I don't remember ever spending such a poor night anywhere because of the noise. Could hear the conversation next door, people in the halls, music from downstairs at the bar and we were on the 5th floor. And these weren't rowdies we could hear, there's just no soundproofing. Told my friend and she said she'd encountered the same thing on her stays. Too bad but next time I'm going St. Albert best western.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Barb1616
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Albert
Chateau Nova Yellowhead
#33 of 93 in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Been to St Albert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!