“Oasis in the Heat”

and 1 more site!
St Albert Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in St. Albert
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here a week while visiting family in St Albert. Nice clean hotel and best of all air-conditioning, the weather was in the 30's while we were there. Handy to Edmonton too being on the St Albert Trail.
The Restaurant food was mediocre to say the least, veges were frozen type you get in the supermarket, same with the soup, tasted like it was out of a can. Breakfast was OK. We inspected 2 other motels in town before here and this one is definitely the best in town. The coffee/juice in the lobby each morning was welcome.The pool was hot so not much of an attraction in the Summer, but probably great in the Winter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thetrainwrecktourist

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our basement suite flooded us out and St. Albert Inn took us in right away. We stayed in a Family suite which was spacious and had a nice functional kitchen (including cookware etc. you name it) House keeping did a fantastic job of keeping our room clean and made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay pleasant regardless of the circumstance. We highly recommend staying at this comfortable and affordable hotel. Housekeeping staff enjoyed generous tip from us when we left :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anon87876
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here in april.the hotel is a bid tired.average stay nothing to complain about ,but also nothing to write home about.the food at the restaurant was presented poorly with low quality ingridients.on the end of the the no fireworks here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tom m
Sharie V, Public Relations Manager at St Albert Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback Tom. We are always working to improve our services so that we can deliver the best experience to our guests. We are sorry that you didn't feel that your meal was up to standard. We have passed the feedback along to our kitchen manager and if there is ever anything we can do in the future, please don't hesitate to contact Michael at 780-418-7000.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

There are a few things about this place that make it meh, like another reviewer wrote, but we stayed 6 nights over the holidays and it was, in the end, a pretty good stay.

I'll start with the cons:

- Water pressure. You *can* take a shower at this hotel, but you'll be depressed when you finish. And possibly still a little dirty. This alone is why the hotel gets a 3 instead of a 4. Best to use the tub.
- We were there in December and like another reviewer wrote they were having issues with their heating systems. Unlike that person though, our room was too warm. Opened a window, took care of that, but it was one of many signs this place is just a little old.
- Electrical outlets. There are a few...but then again, too few to mention. They need those lamps with outlets built into them. If you're a 2-laptop group, you're hosed.
- Overall old-ness. When you go through your room it just strikes you it's old, with some nice updates here and there. This is a nit.

On the pro side:

- Quiet. For us, at least. There was a wedding party the last night we were there. The hotel was booked right up with revelers. By midnight there were people partying all over the place, they could be clearly heard when you walk the halls, but once in the room with the door closed I never heard but the occasional thump or distant giggle. Other nights it was quiet as a tomb.
- The cafe. It's a three-star place at best, breakfast only recommended, but it's very affordable, fast and friendly service, and a few things on the menu are surprisingly good. My wife had a hash-thing with eggs and ham and such that was really very good.
- The pool. The pool is bathtub-warm, maintained with minerals instead of chlorine, and has a nice little corkscrew water slide that my kids loved. The hot tub was, you know, a hot tub, but clean. Nice little break when it's -25 and snowing outside the windows and you're all toasty in the pool room. Totally made our trip.
- Service. Variable, but always at least very good and mostly impeccable.

The good stuff outweighed the bad stuff and it turned out to be a great stay for us, but only because we could go to my son's place to shower. Your experience may vary, perhaps especially so if you're into taking baths. I recommend it if you're there to see family and have a place to clean up.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Schuyler D

Thank you for staying with us. Your review and feedback from all guests are what help us deliver a better experience to our guests. We are sorry that there was a problem with your shower. Our maintenance team is always working to ensure that everything runs smoothly but there are still times where we can improve. We hope you will stay with us in the future and we are pleased to hear that overall you were satisfied. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please don't hesitate to contact Michael, our General Manager at 780-418-7000.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed there for a couple of nights. We had absolutely NO HEAT in our room! I turned the thermostat up and still no heat. I could feel the draft coming in from the window (December). I would've moved rooms but my daughter was sleeping and it was about 11pm when I started to notice. We had to get up early for her dentist appointment the next day. So, the next morning I told the desk attendant and she moved us to the 'updated' rooms where they have a new heating system. No discount, coupon for restaurant or anything for our troubles. The funny thing is, when we checked in the night before, I heard the desk clerk tell the customer ahead of me that they had to move rooms for him because they were having heating problems. If they knew there was heating problems, then why did they put anybody in those rooms at all?

Both mornings we stayed, there was NOTHING left of the complimentary muffins/coffee/tea. The first morning, I thought we got down there too late (8am). There was no coffee and only one pathetic looking apple fritter. The second morning we were down there before 7am and there was maybe 10 lonely looking muffins and 1 1/2 cups of coffee left. We were sitting in the lobby waiting for our truck to warm up and customer after customer came to get a coffee with no success and bewildered looks on their faces. Nobody was refilling the stock.

When we were in the elevator the first night of check-in, there was a gentleman that told me this was the worst hotel he's ever stayed in and warned me not to eat at the restaurant. I guess that should've sent off warning flags, lol. It seemed to me as though it's a rig hotel where guys stay. I got the impression that he was there only because his company was paying for it...which is really too bad and a poor decision on their part.

The desk staff was friendly.

Compared to the Best Western for the same price, in the same city, I can't believe these guys are still in business. IMO, They need to pull up their socks and provide a better service if they want to stay open.

Room Tip: Ask for the updated/renovated rooms if you need to stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MStieb
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was an alright place. Lobby is done nice but our room still showed the age of the place. One suggestion to the owners, upgrade your shower heads. Those old metal ones you have belong in rat bag motels in small towns, not your place. But our room was clean and very spacious. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: I believe the east side faces St Albert trail. As for a room opposite that for less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank riders_suck
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here for business and did not have use of a car. The hotel is literally at an intersection where there are four strip malls, providing several mediocre options for restaurants - and almost as many grocery store options. That was by far the best thing about this hotel. The room was also clean and spacious, so hooray for that! But the free wifi was so poor that my old iPhone's 3G network was significantly faster. When I asked for an ethernet cable to plug in, I had to literally move furniture to find where to plug it in (FYI it was behind the night stand). Even the wired internet was slow. The worst aspect of this hotel was how noisy the air conditioning was. (While northern Alberta is not a place where air conditioning is needed throughout the year, I'm not sure the heating would be any less noisy.) During my first night there, I woke up each time the air went on, so on subsequent nights I cooled down the room before I went to sleep and then turned off the air. It amde for a much better sleep, though hot by the end of the night.

Room Tip: When i asked for an ethernet cable because the wifi wasn't working, the clerk said only rooms fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank moonsammy4
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Albert
Chateau Nova Yellowhead
#34 of 93 in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Been to St Albert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!