“perfect stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alberta
“perfect stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff. The room was lovely - very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good - the usual continental choices, plus waffles (with an asortment of toppings) hot hard boiled eggs, and tortilla breakfast wraps. Very easy to get in and out of the parking lot, and there's a Tim Horton's & Wendy's next door.

Weather was very cold when I was there, and I was releived to see there were plug-ins available throughout the lot. The front desk staff even offered me an extension cord.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CannuckGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed there for three nights on a recent business trip. My room wasn't ready yet so they immediately upgraded me to a suite. Room was very nice two rooms and the bed was really comfortable. Room was very clean.The hot breakfast was great. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Didsbury Alberta
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed for a hockey tournament - and will certainly go out of my way to stay again. Staff was friendly and accomodating and they allowed parents to visit in breakfast room at night, so as not to disrupt sleeping guests. Gave us a storage room to store stinky hockey equipment. Breakfast was great, rooms were great, great sleep! Have stayed in several hotels with hockey teams, and this was one of the best!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Attended a family funeral and stayed at the Best Western hotel management was great they provide us with a group room to visit all we had to do is get a liqour licence....

Rooms are new and clean. Though my room only had a shower.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We were blown away with our stay at St. Albert Best Western! The accommodations were top notch and second to none.

We Travel frequently with our two dogs and are used to being booked into substandard "pet friendly" rooms with questionable linens and stained carpeting. This was NOT the case with this hotel.

Our suite was clean, comfortable and professionally decorated with high end features such as high thread count linens, LCD tvs, marble countertops to mention a few.

A friendly, caring staff and well maintained property also added to our enjoyable experience. We actually extended our stay in The Edmonton area just to have another night at this hotel!

Room Tip: Request a King Suite on the first floor if you have pets. The exits are convenient and there is a sm...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacksmom_9
Winnipeg
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband and I decided that for a trip home for the holidays would be best enjoyed if we had our own space. So we booked a hotel room...at St. Albert Inn. After driving by the Best Western, we decided to take a look at the rooms and ask about rates. SO GLAD WE DID!! we have 3 children, from 3-10yrs and a dog. We could have gotten a pet friendly room, but decided against it. Our dog is a bit of a nervous nellie and did better at my parents place. Darlene showed us around, the Breakfast room, the pool, the gym, and finally the double queen room. The breakfast room serves awesome food from 6am-10am. The pool is open from 9am-10pm( I think) After going to visit the "suite" we had booked at the OTHER hotel, it really was a no brainer. We cancelled with the other and booked with Darlene at the Best Western. Our family of 5 were very comfortable in the room and ate a wonderful breakfast every morning. It was so nice to not have to rush out in the morning to get every one fed, either at my parents place or at a restaurant...The pool was a big hit for the kids and the hot tub was a hit for my husband and I. After a loooong drive my aching back was happy for it. Always smiling happy staff to help, answer questions and just to chat. So friendly! Even other patrons were happy too. Honestly staying here made my holidays virtually perfect! I even used the gym to keep holiday calories at bay. Rooms were cleaned when we asked. Extra towels were provided quickly too. With 3 kids..that was daily! I will stay here again, no problem! I will reccommend this hotel freely too. Perfect location, with Tim Hortons just next door and the mall within walking distance. That being said, rooms were quiet! We are country people so the loudest noises we hear is snowmobiles and dirtbikes...the St. Albert Trail noise was barely audible.

All in all, we are EXTREMELY happy with our experience and even though we only go "home" every other year, I would gladly do this every year now!!! Oh and the cost was MUCH less than the older, dingy, dirty, non-breakfast providing St. Albert Inn. My kids didn't miss the waterslide AT ALL! If you are parents and bringing children, bring pool toys, goggles etc. We forgot and were not able to find anything cheap in dollar stores, Canadian Tire and Zellers are right accross the St. Albert Trail. I wasn't about to buy a whole new bunch a pool/beach toys for 5 days...some of you might though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2011

just stayed at another Best Western Plus (Rockville, MD) that had disappointed me because it was in an old building and the whole hotel looked and felt shabby. I had booked that hotel because of my very positive experience here at BW Plus in St Albert's so I thought I should come back here and make sure that I left a comment as well. This BW Plus in St Alberts is why I had decided to book at other Best Western Pluses. My mistake was in not checking/knowing that a NEW best western plus in a NEW building makes all the difference and I should just ignore ones that are not. Lesson learned. :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Albert
St Albert Inn and Suites
#2 of 3 in St. Albert
Yellowhead Inn
#30 of 93 in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert? Share your experiences!