“"Great experience!!"”

Hilton Beach Inn
Windsor
“"Great experience!!"”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

After deciding to check out the Maple syrup season on St. Joseph Island, Ontario, Canada(which is approx. 30 miles east of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario or Mich.) the next decision was to find lodging. So I checked tripadvisor and viewed 2 previous reviews. I made my decision based totally on their reviews and I was not disappointed. Natalie was a very pleasant host and answered any questions I had. The room couldn't have been better!! It was extremely clean, spacious, a new fridge and microwave.......felt at home. One can’t forget the balcony either. From first thing in the morning until late evening, there was an entertaining view. The Inn overlooks the marina which along with the channel was still covered with ice which was a beautiful morning sight when the morning sun hit it and I can’t forget to mention how lucky I was to view Northern Lights one night.
St. Joseph Island is a great area to visit and I would highly recommend the Hilton Beach Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank WileyOne10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2012

On our first visit, with a fierce storm blowing in, my co-worker and I searched for a motel with an open restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised with what we found: clean, modern motel rooms with a beautiful view of the marina. Natalie, the owner, cooked us a hot meal and told the bartender to keep the taps flowing. We enjoyed a whitefish dinner with baked potato and salad.

The next night, we decided to try the place across the road. It was somewhat more lively but the food was lacking and the local euchre club was unwelcoming. So, back to the Hilton we went!

We have subsequently returned four times (once on Halloween) and the live music was a pleasant surprise. I will stay here whenever I'm in the area. Well worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave B
st. catharines
Reviewed 23 October 2011

After spending 2 weeks going from motel to motel finding this place by accident was a relief.
We made the reservation by phone and after hearing the price I had a mental image of what to expect. Was I ever WRONG!!!!!! The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and beautiful.
There is a private balcony with chairs overlooking the harbour with a view to die for.The bathroom had a sepparate toilet/shower and vanity that was well planned and layed out.
There was a fridge, coffee maker, microwave, tv and a very very comfortable bed.
The owner is an amazing woman who is personable and efficient. Very good at what she does and it reflects in the quality of her business. There is a restaurant attatched but being off season it was closed. No doubt in my mind it has the same quality and care the inn displays.
All people in the world are different but I would find it hard to image anyone not loving a stay here. We even changed our travel plans to add an extra day of R&R here from the nomadic style we had been to that point.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Bruce Mines
Bruce Bay Cottages
Bruce Bay Cottages
#1 of 2 in Bruce Mines

Been to Hilton Beach Inn? Share your experiences!